LNB7
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

I pre-ordered the Streambar before it was available for sale. After I received it, it had the same listed glitches that have been mentioned above. It was early enough that I was able to return it for another. The sound has been terrible and has never been able to adjust it to make clear listening. It has also been very slow when responding to the remote. I have tried everything suggested and the sound is still terrible. It is muffled, no matter what mode we try. I ended up disconnecting it from the tv and reinstalling my Roku Stick. The TV speakers have better sound than the streambar, and the tv is mounted on the wall. Since I have had bad luck with two streambars and have read the other complaints, there is no way I will use a steambar from Roku again. With all the problems of these streambars, I would think that they would discontinue the devices until they can remove the glitches. Recall the streambars NOW!

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LNB7

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your effort to reach out and inform us about the sound issue with the Roku Smart Soundbar.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ledonne05

Has anyone had a fix to this issue???  All I see is check cables and we will have member if support team email

I need a fix now. Does it exist?

SN   2a11a1139596

My Soundbar has so many audio problems. Right now it's tiny and quiet. Sometimes it's crackly, sometimes out of sync, sometimes I can't even understand it it's so bad, I have had many Roku devises and this is the only one that stinks, What should I do?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @robineugene52,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this, and we regret hearing about this experience.

For additional assistance, our support team will send reinforcements. We have forwarded your case to them along with the information you provided.

Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will reach you from there.

Let us know if you still need a hand or anything else that we can further look into.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LNB7
Reel Rookie

I don't know about you but I am just going to write mine off. I've been dealing with this too long with negative results so my soundbar is going into the junk box. My TV with the stick works fine and I don't have to keep trying to adjust the sound quality. Good luck on your situation.

TheBees
Channel Surfer

We have this crackling sound problem with our Streambar too, it started a few weeks ago - everything was great until then. I've tried adjusting and resetting the sound settings, changing the HDMI cable, etc etc. 

Serial no. is YL00DM797845

Software version 12.0.0 - build 4184-95

I hope you can help. 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheBees,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us and reaching out for help today. Rest assured that we have notified our Support team regarding your concern, and they are informed of your information and concern. We advise you to keep an eye on your email since they will be contacting you from there to reach out and assist you further.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are valuable to us.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
Rjohns628
Reel Rookie

I have been so happy with y streambar until this last week and the sound is so distorted and I have to turn the volume up just to hear sound.

Model: 9102R

Serial: YL007S423546

Software: 12.0.0 build 4184-95

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjohns628,

Your first post is appreciated here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to hear that you were happy with the Roku Streambar until the issue appeared. No worries, we'll make sure to help you resolve this. Let's have a workaround, and do a restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart (skip if not available) System Restart. After this, kindly check if you're still experiencing the issue.

Tell us more about this so we can further assist you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos