Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Namefast
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

I have also been having this same issue. It happens no matter what I am watching or listening to. I have Roku Hisense TV, with a Roku Pro bar, wireless speakers, and wireless subwoofer pro. The popping noise is coming from the subwoofer. I opened a case with Roku because I thought the sub was going out and they processed an RMA after some "persuasion". (Ticket 8658979) The new sub does the same thing as well. By the way I also believe this all started after the software upgrade from 12 o 12.5.

I have been using this setup for almost a year and it has been flawless this whole time then this started.

0 Kudos
JaxPaladin
Channel Surfer

Model number.  9101r2

software. 12.5.0.4178-95

device id.   3k617e702805

serial. Ylooef702805

no luck on tracker id 

0 Kudos

Roku Soundbar Crackeling and Static Noise

My Roku sound bar is crackling and I can't get it to stop,

S/N 2A108D480758

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar Crackeling and Static Noise

Hi @Sweeneydoes,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

My Roku TCL R635 TV, wireless bass pro and wireless speakers have since been updated to version 12.5.5.4174 and the popping remains the same.

when trying to update the streambar pro the version stays at 12.5.0

the only way I can avoid the popping is by using my second remote and viewing everything via my streambar instead of directly through the tv… 

0 Kudos
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Roku, as a whole, has handled this situation very badly. It should probably end up being a case-study in a Business school course on the fulfillment and distribution aspects of marketing, re: how to create unhappy customers.

Individually, Rey here on the forum has been very helpful. The phone people were a bit hapless on this, buth they were only following their training and scripts (a process that Roku should immediately review; rapid communication between tech and customer service is essential).

It's a shame that Roku has given itself such a nasty self-inflicted wound. I'm an old man who has enjoyed a number of decent sound systems over his life, but never really expensive stuff that middle-middle-class couldn't afford. In this case, I assembled, over two-three years of discovery, Roku components costing about 700 USD (not including TV) that deliver (to old ears) an excellent sound from many sources. I'm sure I could spend more and have Jim Morrison prowling around on top of my coffe table, but I'm happy with Roku.

I noticed the popping the day after the OS 12.5 curse arrived (Nov 1, 2023). I immediately suggested that logic dicteated the OS upgrade as the culprit. It took me one month to persuade Roku to allow me a downgrade to OS 12.0. That was like seeing a zit on Mona Lisa's forehead for a month. And it was also a month that my friends could have heard excellence from a relatively inexpensive Roku system; instead, it was a month of lost opportunities for Roku.

In jdeprey's case, when the subwooofer was first setup, about two months after it was known that the OS 12.5 upgrade was a stinker, the 'check for updates' stage should have already been changed by the tech folks to use OS 12.0, waiting until after the precise cause in OS 12.5 was determined. jdeprey could have been enjoying the new subwoofer; instead, jdeprey was almost sucked into a lot of running around in circles by returning the hardware to solve a software problem. Not to get too dramatic, but when this is multiplied by thousands, it is truly heartbreaking.

0 Kudos
Bigjersey16
Reel Rookie

Returning it and getting a new one won't fix the issue. They downgraded my software and it resolved all popping. I would hang tight for them to correct the software bug. I have the streambar pro, the wireless subwoofer pro, and 2 additional speakers and love the system as a whole. 

L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

All of my Roku devices (tv, soundbar pro, wireless bass pro and wireless speakers) are now updated to Roku version 12.5.5 build 4174 and the popping remains. What is the deal?!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

Hi @L10NH34RT,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

The team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send an update on this thread once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ceverhine

Re: Soundbar crackling and buzzing

My soundbar is doing the same thing, on every app and even with the bass off. I have had it less than a month. 

Serial number 321A8FDD251BF8

0 Kudos