Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vNoDespair
Reel Rookie

[Roku Select Series TV] No signal when pressing home button on PS5

We purchased our Roku - 65” Class Select Series 4k Smart Roku Tv about a week ago. So far it’s going pretty well. The only issue we’ve been is that when we’re playing on our PlayStation 5. When we are playing a game and press the home button it goes through this cycle of switching between a screen that is purple with a controller icon and says “PlayStation 5 No Signal (is it on?)”, then the screen goes black, then it flashes back to the PlayStation screen with the game we’ve been playing, then it repeats the cycle one more time going from the “is it on?” screen, to black and back to our PlayStation. This is extremely frustrating and makes playing difficult often. The whole process takes about 15+ seconds to cycle through. Anyone know what’s going on and how to fix it? Would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No signal when pressing home button on PS5

Hi! @vNoDespair,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your PS5 issue. We are happy to help.

To eliminate the video delay on your HDMI or AV input, you can enable Game Mode for that source, improving the video response time.

You can only use game mode with an external device connected to your Roku TV. Use the instructions below to turn game mode off or on when using that device.

1. Switch to the input on your Roku TV where your game console or computer is connected (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, AV).
  2. Press the Star button on your Roku TV remote.
  3. Use the directional pad to scroll up or down and select Advanced picture settings. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
  4. Scroll up or down and highlight Game Mode.

Press left or right on the directional pad to turn game mode off or on.

If you need additional help, use this link: What are the best settings on my Roku TV for gaming?

Let us know if this helps or not. Thanks! We appreciate your feedback.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vNoDespair
Reel Rookie

@RokuArjiemar Unfortunately, that doesn’t solve my current issue as I already have “game mode” set to “on” and this problem has persisted despite this. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @vNoDespair,

Thanks for the follow up regarding your PS5 issue.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vNoDespair
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealR @RokuArjiemar 

Thanks for the swift replies. Here is a link with the info you asked and a video of how the issues happens.

https://imgur.com/a/9c5KiFS

I also forgot to mention I do have a sound bar connected via ARC. When this issue happens or honestly whenever I press the ps5 home button on the control the sound cuts and I cannot restore it unless I go home on the tv then go back. I hope this issue can be solved as it’s super frustrating and causes me to have to wait 15-20secs as the cycle of no connect happens. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @vNoDespair,

Thanks for following up!

We really appreciate you providing a video of the issue and adding some details.

Can you please provide the remaining information that is needed:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vNoDespair
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealR 

Device Model: 65R4A5R 

Serial Number: X01200ES3SPS 

Device ID: S0NU431S3SPS

Software/OS Version: 12.0.0 Build 4182-ET

As for the Tracker ID I sent it in the previous link but here are 3 more times I recorded it. 

PS-219-872

PS-219-166

PS-218-953

I hope this will help solve this issue soon as I’m really debating returning the TV if not fixable. Thanks for the help thus far. I appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Roku Select Series TV] No signal when pressing home button on PS5

Hi @vNoDespair,

Thanks for following up and providing us with your device information. 

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [Roku Select Series TV] No signal when pressing home button on PS5

Hi @vNoDespair 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Select Series TV and PS5.

At this time we would ask to see if you can disconnect your soundbar and see if that makes any difference in what you are experiencing. In addition, can you please provide us with the make and model of your soundbar.

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos