Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taywray
Reel Rookie

Roku Plus Series TV not saving Dolby Vision setting

Jump to solution

On my Roku Plus Series TV (purchased in November 2023), I can’t seem to get my Dolby Vision preference to stick. Specifically: when streaming a show on Disney+ or Netflix in Dolby Vision, I have changed the picture setting to “Dolby Vision Normal.” Later, when returning to the same app (or even same show), the picture setting defaults back to “Dolby Vision Dark.” Is there any way to prevent this behavior? It’s incredibly frustrating. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Plus Series TV not saving Dolby Vision setting

Jump to solution

@taywray,

Thanks for the extra details!

In this case, we'd suggest troubleshooting one of the channels you're accessing that has been observed to have this behavior.

To proceed, please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how things turn out!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @taywray,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching out about this issue and we'd like to help you out to see how we can get started.

To proceed, please tell us more...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting?
  • Have you ever used this before without seeing this behavior?

We will be able to isolate the case more effectively with further details.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
taywray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply! To answer your questions:

- I started noticing the issue within the last week. 
- I have not tried any specific troubleshooting steps. 
- The TV is new, and I have only recently started experimenting with the different Dolby Vision picture settings—so I don’t know for sure if there was a time when it didn’t exhibit this behavior, but not to my knowledge  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@taywray,

Thanks for the extra details!

In this case, we'd suggest troubleshooting one of the channels you're accessing that has been observed to have this behavior.

To proceed, please follow the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how things turn out!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
taywray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try and report back. 

0 Kudos
taywray
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just (belatedly) popping back in to say that the remove/restart/reinstall process seems to have solved the issue. Many thanks!

0 Kudos