Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jghall
Binge Watcher

Roku OS 12.5.5 update not available on 1 Roku TV

I have 2 identical RCA Roku TV's (RTR3261-F-CA). One of them is at OS version 12.5.5.  The other is at 12.5.0 and won't update the OS.  It will update channels, etc just fine, but it thinks that there is no available OS update.  What could be the problem?  Did Roku put a hold on 12.5.5 ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku OS 12.5.5 update not available on 1 Roku TV

Hi, @jghall

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us. We understand that you're unable to update your Roku TV to the newest Roku OS version, and we'd be more than glad to assist you with this. For this instance, we recommend manually checking for a system update on your Roku TV. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. After going through this step, an update should be available.

If you're still unable to update your Roku TV, please let us know and we'll continue to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Hi Kash,  That's what I've been doing -- manually checking for updates.  Interestingly, this morning I tried again and there was a minor OS build update.  But still 12.5.0.  Not 12.5.5.  Is there a possibility that Roku put a hold on 12.5.5 ?

0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

To add to the above, this morning it updated 12.5.0 build 5183 to 12.5.0 build 5190.  But still no update to 12.5.5 as my other identical TV.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jghall,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

Could you share with us the serial number of this Roku TV? This can be located by navigating to Settings>>System>>About.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Photo of system info attached...

System InfoSystem Info

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jghall,

Thanks for the update!

I'll forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further review.

We'll make sure to get back to you for any update available about this.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Thanks.  One other thing...the serial number reported in Roku Settings->System->About is different than the physical SN on the rear label.  That SN is A2308516260002016.

IMG_0056.JPEG

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jghall, that serial number is from the TV's manufacturer.  Roku isn't interested in it.  The one they're interested in can be found under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jghall
Binge Watcher

Thanks, that explains the different SN's for me. The Roku SN is in the photo above.

0 Kudos