Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thada
Reel Rookie

Roku Media Player Autorun/Autoplay

Has anyone successfully gotten Roku Media Player's autorun feature to work?

The feature is described in the Help documentation on my Philips Roku TV and it's described in to documentation online here. I've been experimenting with it for several hours and can't get it working.

I've tried naming the playlist as Autostart.m3u (this is what the online instructions say) and as Autorun.m3u (this is what the Help on the TV says). I can manually start the playlist using the remote and it works fine, but I can't get the autorun to work. If I select the m3u playlist in Roku Media Player it navigates to the media file, but it doesn't play it until I click on it.

I've turned on Auto-launch for Roku Media Player from the System Settings, and I've turn Autorun on in the settings for Roku Media Player.

The playlist seems fine, it's the autorun functionality that I can't get to work.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
IMBEN

Re: Roku Media Player Autorun/Autoplay

Agreed, I'm having the same issue. I used VLC Player (Win11) to create a .m3u Playlist File (then later a .m3u8 Playlist File) placed it in the root folder on the USB, and connected it to the Roku Ultra. 

software-version>12.5.5
ui-software-version>12.5.5
grandcentral-version>11.3.24
trc-version>3.0
trc-channel-version>9.3.10

I set Auto-Launch to On/Off/Prompt and rebooted the Roku Ultra after each setting with the USB connected. 

Never Prompted. 

USB also has several Media Files. 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@IMBEN, does it work if you disconnect and reconnect the USB drive?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thada
Reel Rookie

No, disconnecting and reconnecting the USB drive definitely doesn’t fix the problem.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

RMP has not received any updates for several years, and has numerous problems. Roku doesn't appear to have any priority to resolve these issues. The original developer retired from Roku maybe 5 years ago, and his replacement(s) have not shown the same interest in the application. They completely disbanded the beta test team more than a year ago without explanation, so we really have no idea what's happening with the channel now. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
thada
Reel Rookie

That’s helpful, but discouraging, information. Thank you.

0 Kudos