Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G3n3s1s

Roku Freezing and Control Changing Channels

Jump to solution

My roku keeps freezing and changes channels without me touching it. I had left my show paused for a minute and came back to it frozen and was pressing the home button but nothing moved. I disconnected it and started working. I left my controller on my couch while watching a show on Netflix and switched to paramount plus without me touching it. I’ve restarted the device and disconnected it to my tv and the problem still occurs.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Freezing and Control Changing Channels

Jump to solution

Hi, @G3n3s1s

We appreciate you for posting and welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for providing us with this information regarding your Roku device. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the device and we would like to assist you in resolving the problem. From the details you have provided, it appears that your Roku device is freezing. 

We understand that you have attempted to troubleshoot the device to fix the issue, but it has not resolved the problem. In order to address this issue, we recommend performing a complete reset of your Roku device. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration.

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

After need, kindly re-activate your device, and please observe if the issue persists.

Please let us know what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Freezing and Control Changing Channels

Jump to solution

Hi, @G3n3s1s

We appreciate you for posting and welcome to the Roku Community. 

Thank you for providing us with this information regarding your Roku device. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the device and we would like to assist you in resolving the problem. From the details you have provided, it appears that your Roku device is freezing. 

We understand that you have attempted to troubleshoot the device to fix the issue, but it has not resolved the problem. In order to address this issue, we recommend performing a complete reset of your Roku device. Kindly be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration.

Follow the steps below from your Roku device to perform a factory reset.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Advanced system settings.
  5. Select Factory reset.
  6. Select Factory reset everything and follow the on-screen instructions.

After need, kindly re-activate your device, and please observe if the issue persists.

Please let us know what you find out.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos