Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brion
Channel Surfer

Replace the dang channel numbers

What's the matter with you ROKU? 

we use channel numbers to remember which channels we like to watch. 

PUT THE DANG CHANNEL NUMBERS BACK!!

we see ads that tell us the NUMBERS!!

are we really expected to scroll through HUNDREDS OF CHANNELS to locate new ones we want to try based on the name alone? 

HOW? You rearranged the lineup too!

are you stupid? 

22 REPLIES 22
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Replace the dang channel numbers

Hi @Brion,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we value your input.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
bgoble31
Channel Surfer

Could we just pass along that the roku team is doing the exact opposite of providing their customers the best streaming experience when they do stupid **bleep** like this. That I have to come on their site and waste my time explaining their own foolishness to them while I now have a useless "no Information" channel guide. It is not just the roku channel that is affected by their constant thoughtless tinkering with something that was not broken. Will we have to wait another month like last time when the borked the channel guide less than a couple of months ago? I was looking for a place to spend my money when I found roku. Keep this **bleep** up and I will be looking elsewhere in the future. Right now the needle is swinging towards me never wasting another dollar on their **bleep**. It's like buying a car and having them keep coming by to repossess the tires and steering wheel. I was sick of it when we recently went through about a month of the same kind of **bleep**. Fix your **bleep** roku.

tsloper
Reel Rookie

Agreed. The removal of channel numbers does NOT enable simpler browsing - it makes browsing a NIGHTMARE. If I'm looking at the Doc Martin channel in the guide, how do I know if I have to scroll UP or DOWN to get to the Dr. Who channel? This is a stupid change. Give us an easy-to-use Search option to find the desired streaming/Live channel. Or just put the numbers back. Or organize the channels alphabetically - we need a simple SYSTEMATIC way to find our desired channel. 

winston3338
Roku Guru

Hello folks, I've been following you in this thread and you are at the crossroads of classic Roku nonsense. We have another thread going with more people. You may have seen it at.... 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/What-has-happened-to-the-channel-numbers-on-the-streaming-... 

i was planning on buying another roku tv and a roku box for my older tv that doesnt have streaming but after this total bonehead move by roku with no consideration for its customer base no thanks. AND ROKU IF YOU ARE LISTENING TO ALL THE COMPLAINTS LISTEN TO THIS YOUR CHANGE IN THE LINEUP FOR THE CHANNEL GUIDE IS NOT INNOVATIVE IT HAS NO LOGIC TO IT . WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT WORKS WHY SCREW IT UP ? LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE PISSED OFF . personally i resent when big companies make changes that make their product less user friendly and i also know people dont really care for change but when someone pulls a bonehead move like this they should be fired and the company should be reversing direction as soon as possible to apologize for their stupidity. ROKU I DARE YOU TO FIND ONE POSITIVE REMARK ABOUT YOUR NEW CHANGE ....JUST ONE ....CRICKETS CHIRPING .....LOOK ASHAMED BE ASHAMED 

wrechst
Reel Rookie

This update that removed channel numbers must not have been thought through or tested.  it makes viewing and searching in the TV Guide practically impossible.  Bad Bad Bad update.  You don't know if you are going up or down in the lineup, nobody can remember all the icons of COUNTLESS CHANNELS...  unbelievable.  PUT THE OLD GUIDE BACK YOU MUST HAVE BACKUPS

nancypo
Binge Watcher

I'm at that point too of if we have for a place this channel we will definitely not be buying a Roku TV again after this Fiasco! Seems like it should not be that hard to replace the Roku Channel numbers in the software settings. How about just roll back the update! There's always workarounds for this it's a matter of a Roku wants to get off their wallet or not

Thisisstupid100
Reel Rookie

I HATE ROKU AND WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER TV WITH IT INCLUDED!!!!!! WHEN THIS TV DIES SO DOES ROKU IN  MY LIFE!!!

irishkhan
Binge Watcher

To at least get rid of the "no information", I went to settings & changed my zipcode to one nearby.  I now have the program info on there at least, but no channel numbers still.  Their latest Update screwed my my tv completely now.  Picture is zoomed in or shrunk with black bars.  Im done with Roku after being a fan for many years !