Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchel66

Randomly exiting please help

I asked about this before but it seemed like it stopped for awhile. Does anyone else’s Roku just randomly exit out of an app? I’ve been struggling with it a lot while using Netflix. I’ve restarted the tv with power off button, unplugging it, as well as the power off from the tv itself (system shut down or restart idk the term off hand). I’ve updated all of the apps and the tv so everything is up to date.

Why is it doing this?! I’m about to swap it out with our old living room tv it’s getting that annoying. And it’s usually just a few apps I think it was paramount plus that used to do this but never any issues with Hulu.

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Randomly exiting please help

Hi @mitchel66,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. How far is your device from your network router? Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Irritate

Mine does it everyday. Have restart what I’m watching 10 times. I thought it was my wifi until I found discussions here. ROKU needs to replace TV’s with a brand that works. I have 2 but I won’t have another Roku. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Irritate,

From the Roku Community, greetings and thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than delighted to investigate this issue further. Can you please provide the following information that has been asked above? In addition, what Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify) Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos