Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU TV's all crashing in the evenings

The software is Roku. If Roku updated the software, and the software is the issue, then it doesn't matter who built it. Roku is responsible for software in a Roku TV, just but not the hardware. A Roku update would be software, not Roku sliding down the chimney and installing a circuit board. If Roku software is the problem, Roku is responsible. The Roku mods should probably look at this.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

So you chatted with an agent. Not a Roku Tech. But yes the issue is with your ISP. We all told you that before. But your TV should be dual band which means it can do 2.4 and 5.0

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

We need to step back and let the Mods take it from here.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@DBDukes  I am very techie. I keep all my Roku's fully up to date. I check for updates daily. Both of my TCL Roku TV's are fully up to date with zero issues. Also I have about 10 family members with Roku TV's. None of them with any issues. Yes the software is Roku. I am fully aware of that. But the issue is not the latest version of Roku OS. Read his original post. Nothing to step back from. The issue is only during a certain time frame which is during internet high traffic times. Which means he does not have enough bandwidth between those hours. That is an ISP issue which he knows now and others have told him. 

0 Kudos
Bobbiandcharlie
Reel Rookie

I know this is old, but I wanted to respond to the guy saying this isn’t possible. I have 2 roku TVs, the one in my room kicks off EVERY single night between 8:30-10:30 est. this has never happened On My living room tcl roku. This has been happening around a year and happens every single night, without fail, in every app. It freezes, then turns off, then back on. It takes around 5 min to fully tune back on, then will work again. It sometimes happens more then once. It is NOT my modem or internet. We actually moved to a new house last month, new modem and internet, exact same thing is STILL happening at the same time. It has to be a roku thing. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bobbiandcharlie

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue further for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos