Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

@AngieB1 if your ISP is a cable company, it's entirely possible they changed something in your router that broke the connection. It's not the fault on the Roku devices, but the firmware in the modem/router they provide.

You didn't specify what model Roku devices you have, and exactly what has happened. Do you see your WiFi, but it won't connect, or is your WiFi no longer visible on your Roku? 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
AngieB1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 2 of the roku expresses. Having no other internet issues in my house. My phone laptop and tablet are all connecting. The rokus are the only problems. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

OK, the Express only works on the 2.4 GHz WiFi band. If your ISP turned that radio off (it's happened before), or if it changed the channel to 12, 13, or 14, then it won't be visible to the Roku Express. Your other devices might support 5 GHz, and be connected on that radio, so you can't compare your Internet working on other devices. 

Dan

Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AngieB1   This thread is about Roku TV's. Not Roku Express. 

0 Kudos
Lduncan8

Jump to solution

This worked effortlessly after multiple calls to customer support who told me that I just needed to buy a new one. The new one arrived today and still wasn’t connecting to Wi-Fi. I found your posts and now it works. Although I purchased a new one for nothing, I am grateful to have found this post because I would have just given up. 

0 Kudos
loaper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'd love to try this 5XHome etc procedure but pressing reset requires a 4 digit code. I don't remember ever seeing or knowing anything about a 4 digit code with reference to the Roku devices. Any words of wisdom?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

If you haven't created a PIN, the four digit code is usually just 0000. 

Dan

0 Kudos
loaper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried the ROKU "system restart" but that didn't work either. The only thing that does work is to press the reset button on the router. This is truly annoying - it happens to all 3 of our Roku devices at the same time and it happens to our Samsung smart TV as well but the TV and the ROKUs never seem to get disconnected at the same time. And of course, my wife is always in the middle of a movie on the TV when it happens to the ROKUs. Solitaire is getting very boring.

0 Kudos
loaper
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, the 0000 did get the system to restart but unfortunately the ROKU reset didn't help the connection problem. Just have to wait for the wife's movie to end so I can reset the router. Funny... this disconnect happens on average every 3 days.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My problem was with my router settings. Update changed it and so I changed it back to b/g/n and everything worked again.

0 Kudos