Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ643
Reel Rookie

ROKU Plus Series 4K QLED has compatibility with Directv Remote control

Working without success to find 5-digit code that works in Directv Universal Remote Control (a Directv Series 60 IR Remote).  No help at Directv help desk or with ROKU online help.  Does anyone know if new ROKU HDTV is compatible with the DirecTV Universal Remote Control?   Alternatively, is there another Universal Remote Control from any manufacturer that will control multiple devices including the TV, the Directv Sat Receiver (model H23/600), a DVD/BlueRay player, etc. ??  HELP!  

D. James Paul
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DJ643
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU Plus Series 4K QLED has compatibility with Directv Remote control

I'm the author of the original Q.  More info on this issue.   This TV is a ROKU-Brand Smart HDTV using the ROKU Operating System.  Seems these ROKU-labeled HDTV hardware units/components are designed/manufactured presumably by some other off-shore house like TCL, Hisense, or some other Chinese mom & pop operation... ROKU does not make TV hardware as far as I know.  My ROKU Plus Series 4K QLED HDTV is a 3-day old Best Buy purchase... there is an amazing and madeningly design issue within... basic TV controls (volume on-off, etc.) seem to be incompatible (aka non-functional) with DirecTV Univeral Remotes.  It is believed that the ATT/DirecTV (DTV) sat service provider "help desk"  has no idea what the appropiate, if any, 5-digit setup code is for the DTV Series 60 "Universal Remote Control."  ALL other HDTVs recently evaluated over the past 3-weeks are fully compatible with the DTV Universal Remote Control.  ROKU help is equally both unhelpful and in-the-dark on this compatibility.  I'm retuning this $600+ HDTV to Best Buy in a couple days citing this issue as unacceptable.  My Christmas wish... a qualified ROKU HDTV technical engineer to state -- "...our design fails to consider DTV Series 60 Universal Remote Compatibility."  A qualified person might also recommend a truely universal multi-device fully compatible with all resonable possible devices (TV, DVR, DVD/Blue-ray player, DTV Sat Receivers, etc.).  I like the ROKU smart TV OS over GoogleTV, Fire, etc., operating systems, but this compatibility issue, if true, is both unbelieveable and technically unacceptable. I'll be moving on to a more classy operation like Samsung.  Please HELP... facts are much appreciated, opinions -- please keep 'em.  Many thanks.

Regards, Poceus of New York State.                 

D. James Paul
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.