Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROKU ONN STUCK ON LANGUAGE SCREEN

Jump to solution

This originally started off because my Roku TV apps kept saying there was no internet connection, despite there being excellent internet connection. I tried unplugging the router/modem/Roku device (everything that could be unplugged was unplugged for several minutes and then plugged back in.) I reset the Roku TV. My problem did not resolve, so I factory reset the Roku TV. Now I'm stuck on the "Let's get started" screen and my remote will not allow for any selections, the only button working is the "power" button. There is no reset on the remote. What am I doing wrong here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU ONN STUCK ON LANGUAGE SCREEN

Jump to solution

Hi, @Beanmachinemcqu 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with being stuck on the "Let's Get Started" screen when trying to set up your Roku TV, and we'd be happy to help. Let's troubleshoot this issue by performing a step by step actions to resolve the issue. Kindly be guided by the instructions below:

Perform a restart of your Roku TV to retry the activation process and re-pair your Roku remote by putting it into pairing mode. When your streaming device is powered on, it will automatically enter pairing mode and look for remotes.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

Once you see the "Let's Get Started" follow the steps in the next section to put your voice remote into pairing mode and complete the pairing process with your Roku TV. 

1. If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.
  3. If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.

After performing the steps above, please try to re-activate your Roku TV once more.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Beanmachinemcqu 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you're having an issue with being stuck on the "Let's Get Started" screen when trying to set up your Roku TV, and we'd be happy to help. Let's troubleshoot this issue by performing a step by step actions to resolve the issue. Kindly be guided by the instructions below:

Perform a restart of your Roku TV to retry the activation process and re-pair your Roku remote by putting it into pairing mode. When your streaming device is powered on, it will automatically enter pairing mode and look for remotes.

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cord from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cord

Once you see the "Let's Get Started" follow the steps in the next section to put your voice remote into pairing mode and complete the pairing process with your Roku TV. 

1. If your voice remote has a pairing button, it will be located either on the back of the remote or under the battery cover.
  2. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash, to put your voice remote into pairing mode.
  3. If your voice remote does not have a pairing button, press and hold the Back and Home buttons for 5 seconds, or until you see the status light begin to flash.

After performing the steps above, please try to re-activate your Roku TV once more.

We hope you find this information useful, and let us know how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrChris1998
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem after doing a factory reset. ( before the reset the remote worked fine). I tried to disconnect the power cord and reconnect it still won’t pair. Checked the remote it is fine. Won’t pair after FACTORY RESET

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.