Winch
Channel Surfer

Question on use of Streambar PRO

Jump to solution

I'm considering adding a Roku Streambar PRO to my TCL TV.  I'm confused on how it works.  Do I have to have the TV input set to HDMI3 / ARC to supply audio to the streambar?  Also,  I don't understand why I would access apps like Netflix, Prime, etc via the streambar when they are already on my TV.  I guess I just don't understand how it will work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Question on use of Streambar PRO

Jump to solution

Hi @Winch,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about the Roku Streambar Pro, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. 

A Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar will work with any television with an available HDMI port, but to simplify connections, we recommend using a special type of HDMI port called an ARC port. 

You can also enjoy the same amazing sound from your TV's built-in tuner and any device connected to your TV, such as a Blu-ray player, game console, or cable set-top box. Just attach a premium high-speed HDMI cable, connect your Streambar to the internet, and complete the easy setup process. You will be listening to powerful sounds from all your entertainment sources in no time. 

To learn more details and information about Roku Streambar Pro, check here: Getting to know your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If you want other devices connected to your tv have audio come out the Streambar Pro then will need to be connected the hdmi-arc. You don't have to use the apps on the Streambar home screen, if do not want to ever see its home screen don't use its Roku remote even to power the TV on. So, you would just be using Streambar Pro for better audio with your current TV. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Winch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So I can have audio come from HDMI(3) ARC while TV is input from HDMI(1) Cable Box or HDMI(2) Computer?   

Another related question:  Can I connect computer via bluetooth to streambar without having to input computer to TV? I.e. sometimes I want to watch computer on TV with sound from TV to streambar but other times I want to just hear the computer audio on streambar without having to input computer video to TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Winch,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about the Roku Streambar Pro, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. 

A Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar will work with any television with an available HDMI port, but to simplify connections, we recommend using a special type of HDMI port called an ARC port. 

You can also enjoy the same amazing sound from your TV's built-in tuner and any device connected to your TV, such as a Blu-ray player, game console, or cable set-top box. Just attach a premium high-speed HDMI cable, connect your Streambar to the internet, and complete the easy setup process. You will be listening to powerful sounds from all your entertainment sources in no time. 

To learn more details and information about Roku Streambar Pro, check here: Getting to know your Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Winch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just bought and hooked up a Streambar PRO and I can't even find my cable TV.  I was afraid of this.  All I wanted was a sound bar.  How do I get my cable back?  I DO NOT want to just stream. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Winch,

We appreciate you updating us here in the Roku Community!

For you to go back to watching on your cable TV, you just need to use your TV remote, hit the input or source button, and switch to the correct HDMI source, whether it is on HDMI 1, 2, or 3, or whatever your cable TV shows. After doing so, you should be able to go back to your cable TV.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Winch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah that worked for a few seconds then a big banner came on the screen that said I needed to enable my soundbar and it wouldn't go away.  When I clicked OK I got the new menu again.  I packaged the streambar up and sent it back.  I'm done trying to make Roku speakers work. 

0 Kudos