Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgray3825
Reel Rookie

Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

I also have the same issue. Any time music is played from a TV show, like the Grammy's, the music is extremely muted. I did all the trouble shooting recommended using the * and then adjusting the sound settings, cable check, etc. Nothing works. This has been going on for quite some time.

Model: 9102R

serial #: YL007L271475

software version: 12.5.5, build: 4174-95

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Problem with the sound on my Roku Streambar

Hi @dgray3825,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku Streambar. We appreciate you taking some troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Does the issue occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem?

Also, have you tried performing a system restart on your Roku device? If none, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your current issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dgray3825
Reel Rookie

It seems to happen to any channel. What we have noticed is that it is when music is played but its not a music channel. Like I mentioned, the Grammy's had the music volume greatly reduced. Same happened for the SuperBowl halftime show. Sound was terrible. ACM music awards are also impacted when the performers do a song. We went to another TV with a different soundbar system and the music was fine.
I did not do any sound adjustments until this week, but we have noticed the issue since we got the streambar.
I have not tried a system restart until now, but we have noticed we need to completely remove the TV and streambar from power about once a week because the response gets sluggish. Not sure if its the TV or Streambar. System restart had no effect.
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dgray3825,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to investigate this issue further. Could you provide us with a video clip of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dgray3825
Reel Rookie

That may take quite some time. I have no idea when the next program will be available that has musical performances as part of the show. If I get any footage, how do I upload it? Drag and drop into this box?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @dgray3825,

Thank you for the post!

Kindly check your inbox since we have sent you a private message.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos