Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syntax2112

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

That actually worked !!!

TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please understand, that: "roku/settings/display type/720p tv  done" may work on your TV but not on all TVs.  When advising of such fixes, please describe what model TV you are using so those who have it know they can try your fix.  In my case, I have the Philips 65" and do not have the menu as you describe.  But thank you regardless for your efforts in coming up with a fix that might have been a universal fix, which would have been an overwhelming CHEERS to you for coming up with it :)...

I did go through all my menu choices, BTW, and did not find anything that comes close to what you suggest.  I only wish I did so as to come up with a permanent fix such as you did for yours 😞

RWMD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I followed the cache clearing instructions posted here and will see how that works out tonight.

We play a rain / thunderstorm program on Prime at night that has a 9 hour run time. 

Ever since we bought this TV to replace our old LG, the program ends and reverts back to the home screen after 4 hours... not a good outcome for a sleep program. 

The reason I am responding to your post is because if this cache clearing process is temporary, as you suggest, then I will also begin streaming Netflix and Prime through my Roku Premier player as you are. 

I used it for my old LG TV and did not experience any of these run time problems.

Thank you for the suggestion. 

0 Kudos
RWMD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My issue was that Prime would stop streaming after 4 hours
and return to the home screen.  

I have not watched Netflix long enough to know if I will 
experience any problems with it. 

In any event I think I  solved my 4 hour Prime streaming issue  
by going to the settings / network / bandwidth saver.

It was turned ON from the factory explaining why it stopped
streaming after 4 hours. 

I turned it OFF and am expecting Prime to stream past 4 hours.
Haven't had 4 hours to test it yet but it seems an obvious solution
for what I was experiencing. 

Sharing in hopes it may help others. 

20230826_121145.jpg

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

BRAVO TO YOU FOR COMING UP WITH A VIABLE SOLUTION!!!

Although I would have asked you to please tell us what TV you are using so others could share in your delight as others may not have this option, I too found this option on my TV, so perhaps it is built in on all ROKU TVs.  My TV again is the Philips 65".  Curious as to what TV yours is.

I just turned the Bandwidth option on mine to off as well.  Now to wait a few weeks to see if that helps.  This may be the pivoting moment we've all been waiting for (fingers crossed - although why ROKU couldn't chime in is a bit of a mystery).

Thanks for sharing! 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TooTechnicaland @Setablaze777 , "Bandwidth saver" is available on all Roku devices and may be enabled by default.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RWMD
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@TooTechnical  Sorry about that. 

My model:

Roku - 50" Class Select Series 4K Smart Roku TV

I would add that these types of Power / Bandwidth 
settings should be OFF by default from the factory. 

By having the default setting ON it just creates frustration
for unsuspecting consumers wondering why their TV is 
powering off or stops streaming. 

Having their TV "fail" and causing them to research to 
"fix" it are not a brand building moments.

If a consumer is interested in turning these settings on
then of course they can make that choice. 

0 Kudos

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issues with netflix on multiple devices

0 Kudos
Banana1234

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

What works for me it's pretty stupid, but it works until the next time I start the TV 

When Netflix crashes I go back to what I was watching and fast forward just past the part where it crashed. Rest of the night generally goes fine.

🤷‍♂️

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sadly, I need to report that it has been roughly 1 week since I tried setting the Bandwidth Saver to OFF and thought that was the answer at last, but alas, 'twas not.  At least not for my 65" Philips.  Just today I had two incidents on Netflix.  First it rebooted the TV in the middle of a show and about an hour later, after I turned off the show, the TV froze.  So I ended up having to go back to the CODE x5 Home x1 Up x2 Rev and x2 FWD and wait 'til it reboots.  I guess this is simply a once a month thing to clear the cache.  Just wish ROKU would wake up already and upgrade it's firmware...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.