Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCZ1
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

With all due respect, I believe it is a Roku issue.  Some compatibility thing with both Netflix and Prime (as many have mentioned and I have experienced, too) and the way Roku works perhaps (I don't know, I'm just a consumer).  The loading problems, freezing problems, and crashing (i.e., the app closing and returning to home) problems happen, for me, only on my TCL Roku TV.  I will say that the problems seem to come and go... sometimes Netflix and Prime are just fine, and usually after closing the app and returning to the home screen and then restarting the app, things work.  Sometimes, if the freezing and app closing happens again, I have to use the reset/cache clearing method (i.e. be on home screen with home selected, press home 5 times, up once, rewind twice, and fast forward twice).  Lately both apps have been better.

MCZ1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess I would add that Netflix and Prime work consistently well on my non-Roku devices. I have never experienced similar problems on non-Roku devices.

ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm just a customer too, I do have to do the reset every month, when Netflix will not stay on. I have the same TCL Roku TV and I have started choosing other stations over Netflix just because of this..  it is a Roku issue or the Roku specs given to Netflix are in error. 

Phil-psdp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting to see the TCL references, my TV that experienced the problem is also TCL, my Hisense and 2 Roku sticks have no issues.  But the Netflix issue only started recently, the TV is several years old.  I do recall there was a firmware update recently for the TV, perhaps that was the culprit?

0 Kudos
Nowakk2

Jump to solution

I don’t have an option to select “App” in the path described here. Is there something else I can do to reset it? 

I have: Device connect, control by Mobile apps, factory reset or network connection reset. 

0 Kudos
mickeymouse1
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing on Roku TV

Jump to solution

i got my Netflix to work on roku by changing the display settings in roku to 720 works fine now

Jbandalo

Jump to solution

**bleep** worked thank buddy

0 Kudos
ruready
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me for the last 2-3 weeks on my TCL/ Roku. I’m only having issues with Netflix - it keeps returning to Roku Home Screen after about 2-5 minutes of playing shows. 
I checked and all latest  updates for TCL and Netflix were installed but still had this issue. 

Today, I unplugged the TV for about a minute and now everything seems to be working. Others report that this is only a temporary fix. Guess I’ll find out soon enough. TCL/Roku/Netflix need to resolve this. 

setup 

TCL 43S455, software version: 12.0.0 build 4190-CG

Netflx version: 5.3 build 120088003

0 Kudos
marcialaw
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't have app under advanced settings either 

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same here. But I decided to look for solutions because I really wanted to watch a tv series. I unplug my Roku TV wait 20 seconds and plugged it back in. That seems to resolve the issue for now. I know it will reappear in the near feature but at least I was able to watch my favorite tv series. 

0 Kudos