Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctkchuck
Binge Watcher

Re: Prime and Netflix crashing

Jump to solution

this is what worked for me...

• Go to the home screen. Make sure you're on the home menu item. 
  • Press the home button 5 times
  • Press up once
  • Press rewind twice
  • Press fast forward twice
  • The screen will freeze for up to 30 seconds, then the device will reboot. 

Hope this helps

Cpeddy7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did exactly as you said and the method worked perfectly.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Pompocho
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I tried to follow your instructions but my Roku tv setting doesn’t have App on Advanced System Settings. I only see 4 options. Factory reset, Network connection reset, Device Connect and Control by mobile apps. I unplugged the tv and wait 20 seconds to plugged it back in. Netflix is no longer kicking me out but now shows intermittent freezing.

0 Kudos
NPx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A few users mention an 'App'.

My posting on page 5 is designed for users who have a handset with physical buttons corresponding to the instructions - NOT for users who are controlling Roku using an app on their phone. I have no idea if this method of cache clearing can be done using a phone app.

Phil-psdp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

In my case it was only NetFlix, just got a blank screen but the TV was actually back at the home page.  The reboot fixed it for me, have bookmarked this for the next time 🙂

0 Kudos
DeeEmm1

Jump to solution

I was having this problem after buying Netflix for the first time. I followed your suggestion and it works perfectly. It's the same thing as your phone when you've watched too many YouTube or TikTok videos and you gotta clear the phone's memory.

If you're having issues, try this method, and do it regularly after (once a week sounds good). i didn't know how to do this before today so thank you.

0 Kudos
Agill1979

Jump to solution

None of these solutions have worked for me. It takes about 30 times (literally) to get a series to load. So frustrating.

DebbiHall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its crazy! Amazing how all the other app work just fine! It's not us, nuts NETFLIX! 

DebbiHall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Prime works relatively well, other apps just fine. It's only NETFLIX I have issues with. They really need to step it up. 

DebbiHall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's not you it's Netflix! They have no problem stepping up their fees, they need to step up their app. Why is it prime and other apps work just fine without all the finagling?