Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnn143
Channel Surfer

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down

Model G139X - Roku TV

Serial number: X012004VTKX2 (SOJVH22VTKX2)

Software version: 11.5.0  build 4312-CG

Timestamp: 2023-06-17T16:41:26Z

issue ID X2-241-481

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

Hi @Debravander,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback on the Prime Video channel on your Roku TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you all.
Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

Hi @Johnn143,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you giving us information about your Roku device. It looks like your Roku TV is currently on an older OS. Did you try to manually update your Roku? If not, please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System Update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Please let us know if you are able to update to OS 12.0.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

It’s doing it to me also I’ve tried every single option to fix it and nothing works

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Iwashighonjunk,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback on the Prime Video channel. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

• Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, you can also check this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kathee70
Channel Surfer

I've already done this NUMEROUS times. It doesn't work. I did clear the cache as suggested above and it worked for about 2 movies. It's frustrating and REDICULOUS.

I have no problem on any other devices EXCEPT my Onn. Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kathee70,

Thanks for the posts regarding channel playback on the Prime Video channel on your Roku TV.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you all.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tvtet

-LC-55LBU77U

-YN0003737514

-7225X -rokutv

-12.0.0 build 4182-38

-Prime Video V. 14.1 build 2023060117

-Prime Video watching a TV series

-GC V. 9.4.20

-Timestamp 2023-07-03T15:12:42Z

Open prime video, go to tv, open and watch a TV series (I'm watching twilight zone), click on a episode, play the episode, the episode auto plays the next episode with no issues from the first episode, towards the end of episode 2 prime video crashes to the Roku home page. Reopen prime video selected my account, selected my episode again from continue watching, resume play of episode 2 at 29:05 of 42:05, replays the same last 5 mins before the app crashed the first time. Again, once resuming episode 2 I am able to continue the episode with no issues. Plays to episode 3, same issues. Crashes at 29:52 of 40:40. 

The same issues happens with movies but the time span is a sooner than tv series 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tvtet,

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your information and are sorry to hear about the trouble. Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concerns to the appropriate Roku team. Once more information is available, we'll make sure to provide an update on this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
jim1234
Reel Rookie

Our TCL Roku TV has this mysterious shut down issue too AND is only occurring on our Roku TV’s. Frustrating!

0 Kudos