Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rubyrehead
Reel Rookie

Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down on Roku TV

I have read all Boards, Community posts. I've done EVERYTHING several times. WHAT IS GOING ON with Paying for Amazon Prime Video and can't watch it!  

I have a Roku Tv & Amazon prime. Anytime I’m watching anything on the prime channel the app completely shuts down and takes me back to the Home Screen. It happens at least one time per episode and multiple times per movie. I’ve restarted, reinstalled, and done everything I’ve seen in other threads regarding this problem but nothing is working. Its BEYOND obnoxious. Is there a REAL fix yet?

It shuts down for no reason. ESPECIALLY when I try to fast forward, go back a bit, adjust volume on remote.  I clicked on a comedy this morning, 38x I was kicked back to home screen.  Been going on for months. The Roku TV is only a year old. It is plugged directly into home outlet on wall. 

This does not happen on any other channel I have on the TV.  I've contacted Amazon, they are aware ROKU has the issue!  Now what ...

43 REPLIES 43
gulfbrzer

Re: Prime Video Keeps Shutting Down

The same thing happens to me. I will be following this thread to see what suggestions are given. From my end, I am able to watch on my computer without interruptions. It just appears to be the TV that is affected. It has been happening for awhile now. I noticed it first with Prime TV, but now it seems to be Apple TV+, and Disney Plus as well. I have checked for updates. The TV states updates are all current. I have deleted and reinstalled all apps. That does not correct the issue. 

Rubyrehead
Reel Rookie

same here. NO issues on laptop, PC or android phone.

shut down issues are only happening on ROKU TV.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Rubyrehead @gulfbrzer

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

Kathee70
Channel Surfer

I've also done this several times with no help. I rented (paid for) a.movie and I ended up watching it on my tablet.... So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kathee70

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

Kathee70
Channel Surfer

Yes. I have tried this on more than one occasion. It happens on Prime video mostly and only occasionally on Philo.

0 Kudos
Kathee70
Channel Surfer

And I should mention that there is no other problems on other devices (phone, tablet, laptop) only on my Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Kathee70

Thanks for following up. 

If the issue continuously occurs, after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Granny14

Mine also keeps shutting down and taking me back to home screen. Only happens on tv not iPad's or tablet. Almost not worth having and I pay for add one. I've done the remove restart reinstall process. Doesn't help.

0 Kudos