Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rain66

Please Someone Help, I Just Paid $500 For This Roku TV

Hello,

I just purchased a 55" Ultra HD 4K Philips Roku TV and I'm trying to use it as a monitor for my desktop PC. I connected 4 devices:

1. My Desktop PC

2. My Cable Box

3. My PS3

4. My PS4

They all work fine except for my desktop. When setting up my TV I made sure every device was on. During the setup it prompts me to connect to the internet wired or wireless, but when I do I get a Roku screen asking for my email address to activate my Roku TV which costs money.

I just simply want to connect it to my desktop as a monitor but all it keeps saying is 'No Signal-Is It On?'. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. One thing to note is that I'm typing this message on a separate Desktop PC altogether with a monitor attached. The PC I want to connect to my Roku has no monitor, just the desktop itself. I really don't know what to do here. Any help, however little would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please Someone Help, I Just Paid $500 For This Roku TV

@Rain66 

First, it does not cost anything to activate your RokuTV.  Just make sure you are dealing directly with Roku.  Any other entity that asks for payment to activate a Roku device/RokuTV is a scammer.  Roku does ask for a credit card, but you can skip this step, or remove the payment method later after activation. (this is just to have payment info for any subscriptions you may purchase through Roku, but the Roku platform itself is free, as is setup and activation.)

---

As for your desktop issue, you may just have to check your desktop settings (which is hard without a monitor so may need to swap your existing monitor to this desktop to check the Video Out and configure the graphics card), or try a different video adapter to connect to the RokuTV HDMI port.  I have an older desktop that I always used with a TV that had a VGA Input for a monitor.  When I upgraded to a newer TV that only had HDMI inputs, I discovered my HDMI output on my graphics card was not working (not sure if it ever worked) and received the No Signal message on the new TV.  I just used an Insignia VGA to HDMI converter/adapter and the TV recognized the desktop signal. (this adapter comes with an integrated USB cable for audio delivery).

Not sure how you are trying to send the video and audio signal from desktop to the TV. (HDMI, VGA, DVI, DisplayPort).  I assume you already tried using the HDMI connection of the other working devices (cable box, PS3/PS4)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos