Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolbags

Philips Roku TV Sound Issue

For the last month or so, I've turned on my TV every day to absolutely no sound. I have to go into the Settings - Power - Restart menu nearly every **bleep** day to get sound on the TV I paid actual money for. Anyone else? Next time I'm ponying up for a Sony or something.

Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Philips Roku TV Sound Issue

Hi @karolbags,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Philips Roku TV. Do you have any external audio devices connected to your Roku TV? Do you have audio when using you Home screen, or are you just missing audio during channel playback?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LinnyX
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with my RCA Roku TV!  It is ridiculous!  The sound comes on only after unplugging the TV.  

Until fairly recently we had no problems, and once the sound is back, it stays for the rest of the time the TV is on.  But if the TV is turned off, the problem is back!  

The software is 12.0.0 - build 4182-4X.

Having gone through Discussions, I see I am not the only one with this problem.  It needs fixing - NOW!

RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @LinnyX
Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand that you are having an issue with your Philips Roku TV. We're sorry about the experience, this is not what we aim for.
We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LinnyX
Reel Rookie

I don't know if you have upgraded the software, but a few days after posting here, the problems stopped!  If it was something you did, thank you!  If not, it was just luck, and I thank the universe!

0 Kudos
ican

Same here. ready to trash this roku sh!t.  They should FIX the issue

LinnyX
Reel Rookie

Yeah, we thought it had been fixed, but not a chance.  We have learned the extremely frustrating method to temporarily fix the problem, but, like you, trashing the bl00dy thing is one of our priorities (when we can afford it!).

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ican @LinnyX,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku community!

We're happy to help you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Please provide us with more information so we can assist you further.

• Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems)
  • Is this happening on all contents or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel?
  • Can you please check the volume level and mute settings on your TV using your remote?
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes while playing content?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LinnyX
Reel Rookie

We have a satellite dish and a DVD player connected to the TV, as well as WiFi.  

The sound issue affects everything.  All streaming channels, all satellite channels and any DVD are affected.  There is no sound at all.

I always check the volume and mute on the remote if there is a sound issue.

No error messages or codes come up, just no sound.

I can fix the problem with the remote by. pressing various buttons a specific number of times and waiting for the TV to come back on, but whilst this is quite simple, it is time consuming and very frustrating having to do it every time w turn the TV on.

0 Kudos
Donnald

Hello Roku,

I have most recently been experiencing the same! I worked in the broadcast industry for 30 years of my life. Even so, I pretty much only watched television as a monitor. I worked hard for 28 years, made millions and had the best monitors money could buy.

Now, all these years later, after the abduction of my daughter, I find myself poverty-stricken. I guess I am fortunate to have any television. With that said, I have been happy with the Philips-Roku television. Happy until I too found myself wondering why I have no audio on a television that is only 3 years old. Growing up as a child there was always a television in the house that worked. Kind of surprising all these years later, this facet of technology has declined.

Thanks for your timely and professional response!

Donald 

0 Kudos