Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmharris
Reel Rookie

Philips 50" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) Roku Smart LED TV (50PFL4756/F7 W)

Jump to solution

I bought this tv 12/22 for a Christmas present. After about 30-60 minutes of using the tv for either watching TV or playing Xbox the screen fades out black and the tv can’t be used. I’ve tried switching the HDMI cable, resetting the TV, and unplugging the TV for several minutes. Nothing is working. 

When it fades out we’ve tried to shut it off and turn it back on with no luck. How do I get this fixed? $200 doesn’t come cheap, especially since it’s not even 2 years old. I should add the audio stays on.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Philips 50" Class 4K Ultra HD (2160p) Roku Smart LED TV (50PFL4756/F7 W)

Jump to solution

Hi, @TrevorPhillips

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you experienced a dark display on your TV screen and horizontal lines while playing Xbox. 

For this matter, we recommend reaching out to your Roku TV manufacturer's support directly and bringing this to our attention since it appears that this issue is a hardware malfunction, specifically on the TV's backlit display. They'll be able to assist you further as Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models, and they only use the Roku operating system as their OS on their manufactured TV models.

For more information, you can find the details to contact them at Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Hoping that this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @pmharris 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we understand how the issue of your Philips Roku TV affects your experience. We're here to help. Let's try some steps in an attempt to address the issue. We'd recommend following the steps below:

1. If the Roku TV is plugged into a power strip/extender, we recommend plugging it directly to a wall outlet.

2. Perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if there's no sub-menu) > System Restart.

After you've performed the steps mentioned above and the issue persists, we recommend that you reach out to Philip's support directly and inquire further about the issue you have encountered with their TV. Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support with their TV models, as they only use Roku as their operating system. They'll be able to assist you further with this.

You can reach them at Philips Roku TV Support

Hoping this will be resolved soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello, I have the exact same TV I am glad to see someone else has the exact same problem as me. Exact same problem. Was playing Xbox and screen suddenly fades out into blackness and starts showing horizontal lines. I got the tv for Christmas and it didn’t even last a year. I let the tv sit for about 3 weeks gave it another go and nothing. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When it happens, can you shine a bright light on it and see a picture?  If so, your backlight is failing.  One thing to try is to turn down the brightness, but that may be a temporary solution if it helps at all.  It's a hardware issue, so it's Philips responsibility and I imagine that they won't be any help if it's not still under warranty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TrevorPhillips

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We came across your post regarding your Roku TV, where you mentioned that you experienced a dark display on your TV screen and horizontal lines while playing Xbox. 

For this matter, we recommend reaching out to your Roku TV manufacturer's support directly and bringing this to our attention since it appears that this issue is a hardware malfunction, specifically on the TV's backlit display. They'll be able to assist you further as Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models, and they only use the Roku operating system as their OS on their manufactured TV models.

For more information, you can find the details to contact them at Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Hoping that this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pmharris
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ended up throwing the TV in the garbage. It was a waste of money. I’ll never buy Philips again. 

0 Kudos