Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bunter1031
Reel Rookie

Re: Peacock channel keeps crashing on my Roku tv. Frustrating.

I pay for premium Peacock because it was my most used app however,it has been horrible last couple of months. It freezes,crashes entirely or stutters. I'm so frustrated. 

0 Kudos
Ryan1980
Channel Surfer

This matters. After uninstalling the app, go to Roku settings and restart the app. This fixed my Peacock problem. Before this I uninstalled and shut the tv off, turned back on, downloaded the app and had the same problem. The app restart is the key. Try it

0 Kudos
Thekidfrompluto
Reel Rookie

This is happening to me too and deleting the app and restarting did nothing. How am I supposed to fix this?? It’s ridiculous. And now I can’t even post my **bleep** complaint without 140 letters. This is **bleep**ing stupid 

0 Kudos
Thekidfrompluto
Reel Rookie

And the settings on my device doesn’t have an option for restarting the app. 

ghggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Bgresens

Danny, I had the same issue start this afternoon. I have been playing shows on The Peacock channel on my Roku Ultra for months with no issue, including this morning.

This afternoon, whenever I try to play anything on Peacock, it crashes and sends me back to the Roku Home Screen.

I have

-restarted the device several times (both unplugged and usingRestart)

-played movies on other services with no issue.

-removed the app, rebooted, and reinstalled 

None of these have resolved the issue, the Peacock help is useless, the chat just says it cannot answer direct questions and the articles do not address this issue.

any ideas?

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Thekidfrompluto @Bgresens

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Does the issue only occur when accessing Peacock or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just one channel and other apps play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach Peacock Support here: www.peacocktv.com/help

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
BoozieBoise
Channel Surfer

I believe that this is exactly the problem. Peacock needs to address and improve the app reliability. I will be watching an episode and it will crash and then by the time I navigate back the show may have ended meaning I watched 50 min and don't get to know the ending?! Grrrrrrr

0 Kudos

I pay for premium and it crashes two or three times an episode.

nteriors

Mine to! constantly. 

0 Kudos
nteriors

After doing this everytime you watch it, it's not worth the aggravation.  I'll be canceling Peacock