Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cy2600
Binge Watcher

Paramount+ won't work with my Roku TV

Paramount+ doesn't work with my new Roku TV. I reconnected my Roku Premiere box to it and I can watch Paramount+ with it. There's nothing wrong with my internet. The app is up to date. System is up to date. Tried deleting the app from the TV. Doesn't fix the problem. Why is the issue only with my Roku TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount+ won't work with my Roku TV

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Can you not log in? Does it crash?

0 Kudos
cy2600
Binge Watcher

Sorry, I should've been more specific. The videos won't start. It shows them loading about 1/3 of the way, pauses for awhile, then it goes back to the main screen.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @cy2600

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue with Paramount+ going back to the main screen, and we'd be more than willing to assist. May we know if this issue is isolated with Paramount+ or is there any channel/app that exhibits this issue? Additionally, when did you first encounter this? Furthermore, when loading content, does it bring you back to the Paramount+ main screen interface or directly to the Roku home screen?

With the specified details we receive, we'll be able to determine the issue and assist you accordingly.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cy2600
Binge Watcher

It just happens with the Paramount+ app on my new Roku TV. I’ve only had it for roughly a week and a half. The entire app doesn’t crash. I pick an episode to play, it loads about 1/3 of the way, pauses for 10-30 seconds, and goes back to the main screen. Nothing will start playing. If I could attach a short vid, I would.

I hooked up my Roku Premiere+ to the new TV and Paramount+ works just fine. My living room TV also has a Roku Premiere+ and it works fine. The issue only happens with the new Roku TV.

I’ve deleted the app a few times now, shut down the TV, reloaded the app, nothing. It won’t play anything.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cy2600,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate the additional information on the issue and for providing the troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. To ensure, did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting.

If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cy2600
Binge Watcher

Just to be clear again, I mentioned it numerous times, I do not have issues with my 2 Roku devices (Premiere+). It’s only with my new Roku TV. I already tried this step numerous times now. It does not fix the issue. I cannot play any shows. It’s just the Roku TV. If I thought the issue was with Paramount+, it wouldn’t be playing on my 2 devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cy2600,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with Paramount Plus on your device.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Paramount Plus app version.

Kindly make sure you have all the information needed for more accurate assessment. Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cy2600
Binge Watcher

TV model 43R4AX

Ser X01200TK5YF6

ID S0NR43CK5YF6

OS 12.5.5 build 4174-ET

issue ID F6-095-270

Paramount+ 8.11 build 20240222

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the follow-up, @cy2600.

Rest assured, we have collected and forwarded the following details to the appropriate Roku team for review and further investigation. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. Should an update be available for this concern, we'll promptly let this thread know.

Let us know if you have further inquiries regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos