Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmillie

Onn Soundbar Surround Sound Pairing Help

I bought the 36" 5.1 surround system from walmart. I have the two tweeters, subwoofer, and soundbar. When I originally set it up the system paired all together and it worked great! Now almost two months later the soundbar wont pair with the subwoofer! I looked in the manual it says to hold the mute button on the remote, then push/hold the pairing button to get it to pair. I've done it a million times and it still hasn't worked! Now I'm frustrated! Any tips to get it to work before I throw it all out?

16 REPLIES 16
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Soundbar Surround Sound Pairing Help

Those directions are not for any roku device. Walmart under the Onn brand does sell a roku devices, but they also sell non-roku devices under the Onn brand as well. The Onn Roku soundbar didn't come with a remote you have to pair, it came with an IR remote that just worked out of the box. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
zeeshanm888
Channel Surfer

I bought Onn soundbar last month from Amazon. I'm pretty satisfied with its result. I face some dificuliies on pairing my soundbar then i got an article on google Onn Soundbar Connection Methods.

ZM
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

There are NO Onn Roku soundbars on amazon. There are non-roku Onn soundbars being sold by third party sellers. but none are roku. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BusterDog

I'm having the exact same problem...

Have you been able to fix the problem with the subwoofer/satellite speakers pairing with onn 5.1  soundbar?

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BusterDog

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify how you are trying to connect your speakers? Is the Soundbar a Roku soundbar? The Roku audio products (subwoofer and wireless speakers) will only connect to the Roku Soundbar/Streambar or Roku TV.

For more information about Roku audio products, visit our Support pages here:

Learn about Wireless Subwoofer

Learn about wireless speakers

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kraze4me

The subwoofer that comes with the soundbar is wireless and connects (pairs) via Bluetooth. But now it has lost connection. How do we remedy this ? 

0 Kudos
Witchywoman
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue for months then realized the sound bar only has a 45 degree angle of signal which happens to be in front.I had my subwoofer to the side of the sound bar and it won’t pair that way. I pulled it out to sit in front of the sound bar and it paired on the first try. And I was able to put the subwoofer back in place with no disconnections. Hope this helps for anyone that has this problem.

0 Kudos
Jrbrann5

What are you talking about?  I don’t see anyone saying anything about roku. They’re talking about an onn soundbar. Not too bright are ya?

0 Kudos
HeartEyes

I did that but everytime it says “unlink” ? What does this mean??

0 Kudos