Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DinieWyo
Reel Rookie

Onn Roku TV and Ruko Smart Plug

Does anyone know of the Roku smart plug using Roku Smart Home app will work with my Onn Roku tv? I wanted to have a schedule for my tv to wake me up in the mornings. Thank! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Roku TV and Ruko Smart Plug

I don't know of any TV that powers up automatically when you plug it in, so using a smart plug (Roku or otherwise) to control its power isn't going to do any good.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DinieWyo
Reel Rookie

I’m not looking for my tv to automatically power up when I plug it in. My older tv had a seething that I could schedule a time for it to come on…it was my alarm clock. Roku smart plug, from what I am understanding, has a schedule to turn devices on and off. I wondered if that would work now for my new Roku tv. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

A smart plug is no different then unplugging something and plugging it back in.  You can test whether it would work for yourself - unplug the TV and plug it back in.  I'm pretty sure you'll find that it doesn't come on until you press the power button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DinieWyo
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your comments. 

0 Kudos