Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tserv14

Onn. Roku TV Stuck in a Software Update Loop

Trying to update my onn. Roku TV. Keeps saying can’t update. Have tried unplugging. We don’t have new WiFi provider. It is from a wireless connection. We have the same exact tv in another bedroom that is currently working. Bought both tvs at the same time 2 years ago. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn. Roku TV Stuck in a Software Update Loop

Hi @Tserv14,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV since you're not able to update the software. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on what I should do if my Roku device is unable to update software.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

My ONN Roku tv has completely factory reset itself and sticks on "Updating Airplay". I've tried unplugging the TV and rebooting the router. It always sticks in the same spot 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Kcoates98837

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we understand the trouble you're experiencing. From here, we'd recommend performing a factory reset to your Roku TV. Please be advised that a factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku TV and resets it to a factory default state. After you complete a factory reset, you need to set up and configure your Roku TV again including the following: Perform the Guided Setup and activation process.

Kindly follow this step-by-step process:

1. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paper clip to perform the factory reset. 

2. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 30 seconds.

3. The indicator light will blink rapidly or a screen reboot prompt will show when the factory reset is complete.

Please keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos