Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnsonboys4
Channel Surfer

Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

We have done the unplug from the TV, unplug from the wall, checked all cables, soft reset & factory reset several times over the last 4 months. Today the TV just won't do anything but show a black screen. Initially we could hear the channels but no picture, now nothing. We made this purchase 11/27/2020, today is 9/7/2023- less than 3 years old -is this normal? TV is set up in our living room and football season is upon us "GO BILLS". Do I just need to bite the bullet and purchase a name brand?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

Hi, @PlanetP @whiter048 

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the display on your Roku TV.

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. To address the issue you're facing, we recommend that you contact Onn's support directly and provide additional details about the problem. The display issue you're encountering is most likely caused by a hardware malfunction, and since Onn is the manufacturer of Roku TV, they will be able to provide you with the necessary support.

You can reach them at Onn Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Johnsonboys4,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand and appreciate the attempts to resolve this. If you are experiencing an issue where your Roku TV screen will not turn on or black screen, this may be related to a hardware problem. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Every manufacturer of Roku TVs offers its customers direct support and warranty services for televisions that run the Roku operating system.
You can get in touch with them through this website, Hisense ContactUs, or by calling 1-844-334-2355.

Feel free to get back here and let the Community know if you still need a hand.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnsonboys4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've spoken with Onn, advised to take it to a "u break, we fix" shop. It's a 70 inch TV- SMH. I'm going shopping this weekend to purchase a new TV and running as far away from Onn Roku as I possibly can. Less than 3 years and it's a piece of **bleep**!!! Don't think I'll even look at Roku again.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing this with us, @Johnsonboys4.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. This is not what we aim for. A hard reset should fix minor display issues with TVs; however, since the issue is persistent, we believe that a hardware issue is what is causing it to not show any display. It could be due to circuit board issues at the back of your TV that only the manufacturer could help you with. Getting in touch with them may still sort out this concern.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Johnsonboys4
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did contact Onn, they said sorry- not sorry, your issue. Told I could bring the tv to a "u broke it, we fix it" shop at my own expense. It's a 70 inch tv, not a laptop. We will be bringing a small claims court suit against Onn to get my money back and have purchased a Samsung 65 inch with 5 year extended warranty.

0 Kudos
Janilove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue today my tv just when black. I can hear everything but can’t see nothing I have only two years with it… I turn off the lights of from my living rooms and took my phone and use my flashlight to see if I can see anything to me it seem it could be the backlight need to be replaced. It’s not even far cuz I really don’t use the tv like that and I only have two years 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Janilove,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Have you tried unplugging the Roku TV for 10–15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if the issue is still occurring?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we can assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Janilove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes I did it’s the back light I’m fixing on my own ya tv only last 2 years the 

The model 100012588 70” onn. Roku tv all have that same problem ya should know about this..I bought the tv on march 11 2021 now we in Nov 25 2023 and ya still selling at the store knowing the problem 

0 Kudos
Janilove
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ya should stop selling the model 100012588 onn.tv 70’ everyone is giving complain, and on top of that ya guys only give a one year warranty you’re smart as **bleep**! while I have a Samsung 65’ in my bed room and have 2 years with it and still working like brand new.🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Janilove,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku TV. We'd like to know more about it to assist you further. Please provide us with more details.

• Is your TV currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?
  • What do you see on your screen after turning on your TV and trying to play content?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting error messages or error codes when playing content?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos