Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlanetP

Re: Onn Roku 70' TV Black Screen, what to do?

Jump to solution

Hi. How do I reset the settings if the screen is black? I can't see a thing on screen. 

As an aside. If this is a common issue, which it appears to be, this TV should be recalled. After 2 years we should not have to buy another television for an issue with how it was made. Highly disappointed! 

0 Kudos
whiter048
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Press home button 5 times

press up arrow once

press rewind twice

fast forward twice

( make sure you here the sound buttons make while being pressed )

it should go thru reset cycle and screen may blink a couple of times. Takes approx 3 - 4 minutes. Sometimes works, sometimes not. Usually have to turn mine on/ off about 50 times before screen comes back on.

0 Kudos
whiter048
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I finally got fed up and went and purchased a Samsung 75”, l have two smaller Samsungs in spare bedrooms and had for more than 10 years and they still work flawlessly.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @PlanetP @whiter048 

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with the display on your Roku TV.

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. To address the issue you're facing, we recommend that you contact Onn's support directly and provide additional details about the problem. The display issue you're encountering is most likely caused by a hardware malfunction, and since Onn is the manufacturer of Roku TV, they will be able to provide you with the necessary support.

You can reach them at Onn Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos