Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qbakies
Reel Rookie

[OS 13.0] Seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

This same thing just happened to me a couple days ago.  Out of the blue our soundbar would turn on and show as working but no sound would come out.  It works again if I unplug and reconnect the HDMI to the eARC HDMI port.  This happens every time I turn off the TV and then turn it back on.  I've not added new devices, messed with cabling, or made any changes to my setup.  I did swap HDMI eARC cables in case that was the issue but that did nothing.

After seeing all these people with the same issue going all the way back to OS v11 I'm very concerned.  My info is below:

Model: 55R655

HW ID: J101X

SW Version: 13.0.0 build 24020-DK

Serial: X02100KUE4F8

Device ID: S0G0531UE4F8

I use a Polk Magnifi Mini AX Soundbar.  I also connected it to a different TV and it worked fine.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 13.0] Seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

Hi @Qbakies,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks for sharing your device information and the steps you have taken to try to fix the issue. We'd like to see more about what's going on here and what we can do about it.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? Does resetting it up and performing a system restart help? In addition, can you confirm if the issue existed prior to the update?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qbakies
Reel Rookie

Started seeing it a couple days ago. 

Resetting doesn't help.  

I'm not sure when the update happened as it was in the background.  We noticed that our icons on the home page changed around the same time so I'm assuming it was due to an upgrade.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Qbakies,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate for giving us this additional information. Would you mind giving us the Tracker ID? (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.) So we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qbakies
Reel Rookie

Turned TV on this morning and same thing.  

Tracker ID: F8-154-737

I got it working again by disconnecting the HDMI, waiting 10 seconds, and reconnecting.  

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Qbakies,

Thanks for the follow-up!

We have passed along the additional information to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Qbakies
Reel Rookie

The soundbar started working for us earlier this week. We looked and we had been rolled back to 12.0 code.  Then a couple days ago we noticed another update happen that took us to 12.5 code.  It is still working, most of the time.  A couple times we have had to turn the TV off and on to get the soundbar to work via eARC, but it does eventually work.

On the 12.0 code we had no issues with eARC.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Qbakies,

We appreciate you for providing an update on the issue that you are experiencing.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your Roku device, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you for supporting Roku and continued participation in our community.

Best regards,
Roku Community Team

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos