Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TGSproule
Reel Rookie

[OS 11.5] Roku TV shows menus & overlays and plays sound, but no pictures

My RCA-Roku TV was working fine this morning, but when I came home it only shows menus (including inside non-Roku apps, like Nebula & Prime) and age guidance overlays, but no picture on anything (apps, PVR, or computer). I do get sound through the TV from all devices.

Attempts to find a solution to this problem through these forums only found details on how to check all the cords and cables running from the Roku Device to the TV... but my Roku Device IS my TV.

To diagnose issues:

RCA model: RTRU5828-CA

Model: 7816X - Roku TV

Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4235-AM

Issue ID 64-447-763

I am getting just a blank black screen whenever I try to access any non-menu item.

It has been 100% repeatable for all sources.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku TV shows menus & overlays and plays sound, but no pictures

@TGSproule

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TGSproule
Reel Rookie

2130 GMT November 10

80+ hours since the issue first occurred...

72 hours since the issue was first reported here...

48+ hours since "passed along ... to the appropriate Roku team"...

100% repeatable still in all apps and screens...

0 response or resolutions offered

Has this issue been forgotten?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TGSproule

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that this issue is currently investigating the issue you have reported. At the current time, I do not have any updates to provide, but rest assured once more information is available, I'l be sure to post in this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ggiedd

Having the same issue.  Only thing I have found is to unplug the TV and plug it back in. Best buy is here right now replacing one of the modules to hopefully fix it. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.