Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefphobic
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

Mine never got fixed. I’ve had it for 16 months. I bought a new TV, a Samsung, and it is immensely better. I’m irritated I stayed with Roku TCL through two TVs. Highly recommend switching due to this issue. 

DanDy1
Channel Surfer

I stand with you. If you are able to find someone be sure to add me in. I am willing to pay a partial amount to help retain your “helper” as well. We all need to stand together. I challenge all who have posted to help out!

Tlcistrash

I’m SO PISSED. What an expensive tv for the screen to just randomly go black and I’ve done all the resets which is IMPOSSIBLE with my screen completely black. I’m losing my mind with this disgusting joke of a product. Any word on the class action situation???? We need to hold them accountable for selling this trash.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tlcistrash 

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

We appreciate your post regarding this matter.

We would recommend performing the following recovery procedure for TCL Roku TVs that are displaying a black screen:

1. While the TV is on the black screen, press and hold the Reset button (located on the back of the TV) until the TV shows a recovery screen (press and hold for about 30 seconds). It could be a pinhole if you do not see the reset button. In this case, kindly look for a pin or stick to insert in the hole. Press and hold until the TV is completely shut off.
  2. Once the recovery screen is shown, follow the prompts displayed on the screen to connect to your wireless network.
  3. After connecting to your wireless network, the TV should perform a firmware update and reboot to the home screen successfully.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

Hi Janadee

Is there some new firmware that is supposed to solve this or just the generic attempt?

I have a TV at another location I can't get to right now and would need to clearly know it's fixable. Plus I have a TV where I am I've been afraid to turn on until I'm at from my home network as it will likely get this same issue once connected to Internet 

Madking1
Streaming Star

@RokuJanadeeK  How about an actual UPDATE and not the same worthless instructions that you guys are copy/pasting to every new question? When are you guys going to FIX or REPLACE my broken tv that’s not 2 years old

ChaPre03
Channel Surfer

I agree with @Madking1 

@RokuJanadeeK I haven't seen you in here before. This step hasn't worked out. If it does for anyone here, it's temporary. What has Roku done to solve this issue on a larger scale? Why hasn't a Roku rep come into this group and tried to give us a viable solution? I asked and no one answered.

0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

Go buy a real tv that will work there is no help or hope here... trust me dont ever buy anything from roku or tcl ever again....

0 Kudos
Spullara

Re: Black screen but there is voice

Model # 7113x-roku TV

Serial # yn0004426304(d35000426804)

Software version 12.0.0 • build 4182-30

Timestamp 2023-04-28T20:35:36Z

Issue id 04-169-715

Nothing has worked to fix my black screen. 

0 Kudos
Spullara

We have all tried all of this. These copy and paste answers are so unacceptable!!

To many customers having the same problem and no one has helped. 

I will never recommend your brand ever again!!!