Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RamonaPasch
Reel Rookie

No volume consistently plus remote lockup

I read other comments and suggested solutions and obviously volume issues are a thing. I consistently have to reboot my Roku multiple times a day IF I switch apps. No updates needed. I’ve done the reset. Now what? On top of that three times in two weeks my remote has locked up and I have to go through that process to get it back. Starting to wonder if I picked the right streaming service. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No volume consistently plus remote lockup

Hello! @RamonaPasch,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We understand how important it is to have a working remote when using our Roku device. No worries; we can help you with that!

What to do if the power and volume buttons stop working

If the power and volume buttons on your remote have stopped working entirely, try to update your Roku device to the most recent software. To manually update your software:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select System
  3. Select System Update
  4. Select Check Now.

Confirm the dialogue box to proceed with the download and installation. Note that your Roku player will automatically download the latest software the next time it checks for updates. After the Roku player finishes restarting, if the TV control has not been restored, set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes & Devices
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up a remote for TV control.

Our FAQ provides additional information and complete steps on how to set up your voice remote to control your TV.

Please feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RamonaPasch
Reel Rookie

Thank you for suggesting this however I have done both of those things. I still have the same issues. 😕

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RamonaPasch,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We want to further assist you regarding your concern. Could you please provide us with your Roku streaming device information including Device ID, Model, and Serial Number? In addition, what Roku remote are you currently using? (ei. Simple remote, Voice remote, Voice remote pro).

We'll look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos