Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kandirose86
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

I am having the same issues with the roku phillips tv. Everything is wifi no cables but the power into the outlet. So what would be the issue then Rokus software sucks?

Realeat20
Channel Surfer

I am currently testing a theory.  It appears that if I back out of the app in use (ex Netflix or plex) then power down from the home screen the audio doesn't error out.

I haven't had a long enough testing time yet (only three days) but it appears to not fail if shut down this way. 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users, 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community.

We regret hearing it from all of you regarding no sound unless you restart your Roku TV. 

We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kandirose86
Binge Watcher

Phillips  model: 32pfl6452/f7d

hardware id: 8657x

software: 12.00 build 4182-63

device id: sogl100dr107

purchased from walmart june 28 2023

ways no sound after power down with spectrum app

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding no sound on Roku TV.

If you have already provided your device information, can you please make sure to provide a Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Realeat20
Channel Surfer

Issue report tracker:

Model: 8520X - Roku Tv

Serial number: YK000Y019975 (3681A0019975)

Software version : 12.0.0 built 4182-AX

GC version 9.4.20

Time stamp : 2023-07-08 t 03:40:35z

Issue ID 75-270-940

0 Kudos
Nerd077

Re: No sound unless I power cycle TV

I have the same issue. My TV is only a year or so old. It has no sound about 75% of the time. I have to restart it or turn it off by unplugging it to get it to work again. It's some kind of defect in their tvs. I have a 32 inch TV. Nothing else hooked upto it. I feel your frustration 🫤. 

0 Kudos
stephpfahl

Re: No sound unless Ig power cycle TV

I have an LG TV with a Roku player. There is sound using live TV, but none using Roku player. I've unplugged the TV and did a soft reset but nothing changed. Here is the info on the screen:

Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X01600976JDN (SOAH21A76JDN)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

GC version: 9.4.20

Timestamp: 2023-07-08T14:30:16Z

Please use issue ID DN-271-590 to report the current issue.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Realeat20 @stephpfahl 

We appreciate you for providing us with this information. Rest assured that we passed along your concern to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation. 

Once more information is available, we will make sure to update the Community. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are very much appreciated.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

My Roku tv says system is "up to date" but I have no sound when powering on the TV. I have to unplug it every time (at least once - sometimes more) to get any sound. No additional cords or speakers. What's the deal?

0 Kudos