Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User1990

No sound. Troubleshooting ineffective. Roku is rubbish

I have had my Roku TV about a year now and noticed that the sound cuts out. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps. I even did a factory reset on it yesterday to no avail. It is so bad it's basically unusable. What else could I possibly do to correct to this. I can't imagine anything. I clearly just wasted my money. I'm devastated. I don't have money to waste. I wouldn't recommend Roku to anybody but my worst enemy. It's a gently used television in the bedroom. There have been no external factors or user errors that could possibly cause such a defect.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No sound. Troubleshooting ineffective. Roku is rubbish

Hi @User1990,

Thanks for reaching out and for making your first here in the Roku Community.

We'd like to know more about this. Could you tell when you saw the issue occur? What Roku TV is this? Is this Hisense, TCL, RCA, etc.?

Tell us more about it so that we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next step.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: No sound. Troubleshooting ineffective. Roku is rubbish

@User1990 If the TV is less than one year old it may be under warranty.  Is this a Roku brand TV or another brand using a Roku interface.  If it is another brand contact the manufacturer of the TV.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.