Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbullsr
Reel Rookie

No remote control was in the Roku TV box. Help!

Just received my new JVC Roku tv.   Unfortunately no remote control was in the box.        I'm waiting for them to get back to me.      Is there a way I can setup my tv without it?     I do have a Roku remote I used for my non Roku tv but that isn't working.    Any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote control was in the box. Help!

The only non-Roku tv remote that other Roku devices come that would work on the Roku tv are wifi voice remotes, no IR Roku remote would work. 

Do you have old universal remotes, cable oem remotes or Directv remotes lying around? They might work if they have the proper codes., list them. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
renojim

@tbullsr, I hope you didn't get rid of the box yet.  The last time I bought a TV the remote was pretty well hidden stuffed in the Styrofoam somewhere.

tbullsr
Reel Rookie

I don't have those.     I ordered this thing on Amazon.    Shipped from Circuit City.      I sent them a message.   Hopefully they'll get back to me by Monday or I'll have to send it back.   Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
tbullsr
Reel Rookie

Just double checked.   Nothing.     I sent them a message since I ordered this thing on Amazon.      We'll see what happens.    Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

If you have a local best buy, this remote will work great with Roku tv's using code 4398:

Insignia™ 5-Device Backlit Universal Remote Black NS-RMT5D21 - Best Buy

Edmund

0 Kudos
tbullsr
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the info.       

0 Kudos