Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No remote Onn roku tv and I reset it

The tv isnt letting me connect my phone since i dont have a remote and i had to factory reset it to change the account on it. How do I connect my phone without the remote?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: No remote Onn roku tv and I reset it

Hi @Kguillory2009

Thank you for the post!

If you don't have the remote for your Roku Onn TV, you can still connect your phone to it using the Roku mobile app. Here are the steps to follow:

• Download and install the Roku mobile app on your smartphone.
  • Make sure your phone and Roku Onn TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  • Launch the Roku mobile app and tap on the "Devices" tab at the bottom of the screen.
  • Your Roku Onn TV should appear on the list of devices. Tap on it to connect.
  • If prompted, enter the code displayed on your TV screen to complete the connection process.
  • Once connected, you should be able to use the Roku mobile app as a remote control for your TV.

Note that some features may not be available on the mobile app, such as the ability to change TV settings or access certain channels. If you need these features, you may need to purchase a replacement remote or contact Roku support for assistance.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote Onn roku tv and I reset it

@Kguillory2009, @RokuLianna 's response requires your TV to be connected to your network.  If you can use an Ethernet cable to connect your TV to your router then your phone may find it and you may be able to use it to connect the TV to your Wi-Fi.  I'm not even sure about that since you factory reset your TV.  At this point it would be best if you acquired another remote.  The Roku Voice Remotes should work with your TV or a universal remote that supports Roku TVs.  Otherwise, you'll need to get one from onn.

Roku Accessories | Streaming Accessories for Roku Devices & TVs | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.