Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB417

Re: No longer able to view episodes

Having the same problem. Phillips Roku TV. Upgraded Acorn but still won't work. Ready to go back to cable. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JB417,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
uncballzer
Reel Rookie

Mine just changed in the last 2-3 days to this, where I can no longer see each episode, and there's no "next episode" area to select to easily get to the next episode, without having to remember which one I'm on, in which season, then go search for it.  Today, when I "continue watching", it stops at the end of the show, and instead of going to the next episode, it goes back to the episode main screen, and wants me to resume what I just finished watching!  

Please return to the format just prior to this, it was much much more user friendly, or at least keep the same options available.  

Using 2 Roku Ultra's, watching via Roku App, Paramount Plus, Roku Live apps....

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @uncballzer,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

Mentioning that some of the features on your Roku Ultra have been changed in the last 2-3 days, it is possible that your OS version has been updated. We recommend manually checking updates by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll and select Settings > System > System update. Kindly provide us with a photo of this. 

Let us know what you find out and we'll go from there. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
uncballzer
Reel Rookie

I cannot provide a screen shot, but the software is uptodate according to it's check just now (software version 12.0.0, build 4184; last updated 5/10/23).  This last update is well before these changes on the roku app/channel have taken place.  Now, when I use continue viewing, or to resume, it does not give me the option to select "view next episode", and most of the time, it returns to the single episode's screen without starting the next one.  I have to manually! select, "view seasons" and select which season, then scroll to find which episode, and then go to the episode's page, and start watching from there. 

What happened to the "view next episode" feature? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @uncballzer,

Thanks for the update!

We appreciate the additional information you shared regarding this.

As we have it replicated on our end. It seems like the "view next episode" feature is no longer available.

We'll make sure to relay this case, along with the feedback you've provided, to the appropriate Roku team.

Again, we appreciate you reaching out, and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Warm Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AnnieO

This actually worked! Thanks! It would still be nice to have to go search for them! 

0 Kudos
LT84
Reel Rookie

I have had to skip a number of episodes that are free because paramount wants me to sign up. I don’t want to!! I have deleted the app, restarted my Roku. It’s not changing. So much for free. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LT84,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. It appears that the content you're trying to access requires an upgrade or subscription for viewing. If you see a dollar sign next to the episodes you're trying to access, then you'll need to go through the upgrade or subscription process to gain access to the content.

We hope this helps clear things up.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Reba1970

I've tried to contact whoever controls TBS NETWORK and Roku about this problem. I tried to watch either Big Bang Theory or Young Sheldon and they keep showing expired shows or extending them 2-6 more days instead of changing them. Including the Young Sheldon show that has New episodes that they're NOT showing at ALL I have to go to CBS but, that app has its challenges to because it'll say error. RokuTV & TBS NETWORK needs to get with it or on the same page And fix the problems before I find another TV and sell this one! RokuTV wasn't/ isn't worth $250.00. RokuTV is becoming nothing but, A SCAM! 

0 Kudos