TK357

No audio from two Roku models

Lost audio on original 4200X model. Audio was problematic on some Roku channnels, not others, then failed on all channels.

Audio on TV works fine, Connected DVR audio works fine.

Purchased brand new Roku Ultra. Completed set-up. New cables, new power supply, latest updates, Still no audio on any Roku channels. TV audio (using antenna) is still fine. Streaming audio on other wifi devises ok.

Just ROKU, is there a problem with the audio signal being transmitted from Roku?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jontalk
Roku Guru

Re: No audio from two Roku models

@TK357You have me curious both as a home theater enthusiast and long time Roku user. Is it just the ROKU channel you're having problems with? Your post is a bit confusing in that regard.

Are you using an AVR and if so, what is the brand/model; if not, what is the configuration or your setup? Are you using WiFi or a wired connection?

I've never experienced this issue with any of the Roku devices I've owned going all the way back to first generation. I'd also suggest you contact tech support though its important you have a Roku account set up as I'm sure you know. Regardless I'm wondering why this is occurring

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As @jontalk mentioned, we need more information. Is your Roku connected directly to the TV, or is it plugged into an HDMI port on your AVR? I have two Ultra players that connect directly to Yamaha AVRs and there's never been a problem with the audio.

If you're connected directly to the TV, it's possible that your TV is not sending your Roku's audio back to the AVR. How is the TV connected to the AVR: with an HDMI cable or are you using an optical cable? If HDMI, does your TV and AVR support ARC (Audio Return Channel)?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

@atc98092You're sending a message to the wrong person..I'm not having problems so I think it best you read the ORIGINAL poster instead of my response.

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@jontalk read my message more carefully. I was only referencing your comment, not addressing my questions to you. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.