Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sio2101

No Audio with Roku Express 4k across 2 TVs

A few months ago, the sound went out on my TV. I only use Roku (no cable, no DVD player). I played around on the TV trying to figure out what was going on to no avail. I tried everything the Google results for "Roku no sound" suggested. Nothing worked. 

The TV was a cheap FB Marketplace buy, so I figured the fault lay there. But when I plugged Roku into my replacement TV - still no sound! 

After a long and arduous back and forth with Roku they finally sent me a replacement and...there still isn't any sound, not on either TV. 

Any ideas about what could be going on? I feel like it's going to turn out to be something really obvious, but it isn't the mute button, that's for sure. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Audio with Roku Express 4k across 2 TVs

Hi, @sio2101

Thanks for letting us know about your concern and greetings from the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you're having audio issues with your Roku Express 4K, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. We see that you were able to get a replacement, however, the issue still persists. We recommend following the setting adjustment below.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Audio
  4. Select Digital output format
  5. Select Stereo

Please keep us posted on how this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos