Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fate7x7
Reel Rookie

No Atmos feed from TCL Roku TV 65R625 to soundbar

Apparently Dolby Atmos audio is no longer going through HDMI ARC  from my TCL 65R625 Roku TV to my Vizio soundbar (SB36512-F6). It HAD previously worked, but I believe it may have been with the Roku software 11.0 update (?)  that something changed. I have tested a variety of HDMI cables, all 2.0 and above. All apps are updated. I am using latest build 11.0.0 4193-88.

I have checked different Roku channels broadcasting in Atmos, including Netflix and the Dolby demo channel, and even the Atmos stream from another device (XBOX One X) both via streaming and 4K blu-ray. Occasionally the soundbar will still briefly signal that Atmos has been detected, and I'll even hear sound for a second, but then silence. 

Non-Atmos sound goes through fine. I am using Passthrough for Audio/Digital Output Format, but when I downgrade to Custom/Dolby Digital, everything comes through (just not in Atmos, obviously), so it is clear that the issue is the Atmos feed somehow not going to the soundbar. 

Any suggestions or help, please?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Atmos feed from TCL Roku TV 65R625 to soundbar

I am also looking for the same issue solution and I hope together we will find it easily.

Gilbert gb whatsapp apk
0 Kudos
Dstoked13

Re: Not FIXED w/ 11.0! - TCL Roku R635 10.5 Update broke Dolby Atmos & eARC/CEC Devices?

As of 9/1/2022 My set R635 is not sending the Atmos signal. All updates are applied. Tried multiple cables and settings, repair tech replaced audio/ video board. A major disappointment as the screen is beautiful. Without the sound though, it kind of defeats the purpose.

0 Kudos
Danimous

Re: No Atmos feed from TCL Roku TV 65R625 to soundbar

Did anyone get this working? I just purchased a new sound bar (vizio elevate m series) and realized that Adobe atmos is not working.

0 Kudos