Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wwwukor
Channel Surfer

Netflix asking me to upgrade to UHD every time I use my account on new ROKU TV.

I believe this is an issue with the ROKU TV/or app on the ROKU TV, not my account.  I have a Netflix account on a few other devices and don't have this pop up issue every time I click on Netflix.

I've uninstalled Netflix and still the same issue, it's like the "COOOKIE" or whatever is stored on the TV/APP/ROKU is not saving that I've already clicked "don't upgrade" 50 times.

Anybody else have this issue?

onn. 65" 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku HDR TV (100012587)

2 REPLIES 2
Bean1019

Re: Netflix asking me to upgrade to UHD every time I use my account on new ROKU TV.

Same. One is a Roku tv and the other is a Samsung smart tv. Both have asked me multiple times so it seems like a Netflix issue. It is sooooooo annoying. I don’t want UHD as much as you ask, especially when the difference on my tv is so little to matter

0 Kudos
wwwukor
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix asking me to upgrade to UHD every time I use my account on new ROKU TV.

This actually just went away today after a month, hopefully it stays gone.  I tried chatting with Netflix chat support, but tech support isn't really tech support anymore these days so good luck if you go this route, it did NOT help me.  I just got lucky, I guess it's a waiting game.

0 Kudos