Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Hi @D-rock,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your experience about this playback issue you're experiencing with the Netflix channel and we're sorry for the trouble.

We're here to help. If you are still experiencing the same issue, Please share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Netflix channel version.

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ejoy1
Reel Rookie

@Roko any updates on what you are doing to resolve this widespread issue?

Kal43027

This has been going on for weeks! I am getting frustrated. I have deleted the app, reboot and reinstalled three times. Every time it starts freezing again. I have multiple streaming apps and Netflix is the only one that does this on my Roku t.v. 

flustered

Your suggested fixes do not work. I have tried them all multiple times. There is NO error code. Netflix just stops playing & a few seconds later the tv reverts back to the home screen. This problem is only with Netflix, other streaming apps. work normally. Netflix suggest it is a Roku problem & Roku points to Netflix!! Please work with Netflix to resolve since currently there are MANY frustrated streamers!!

Sharp tv: LC-65Q73+ Hardware ID:7233X   Serial#: YN00M9709051

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with the Netflix app.

Our team is currently aware of the issue and is undergoing an in-depth investigation regarding it. That being said, would you be so kind as to provide us with the following information? (Note that providing these details isn't necessary if you have already provided one before.)

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
  • Netflix channel version.

Please ensure that the details you share are complete and precise, as our Roku engineers need them to further investigate this issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
alicek23

Yes, I did that as well. 

JaybirdT
Reel Rookie

Model: 7121X - Roku TV

Serial Number:  YS0046750202

Software version:  12.5.5 build 4174-30

GC version:  10.7.26

Timestamp:  2024-02-18-T12:17:03Z

Issue ID 02-069-857

Netflix channel version 5.1 build 120079003

0 Kudos
pepguy

Yep I’ve been having this same issue for months and months now. 65 inch Roku TV. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it fixed the problem for a few days and then it crashes again. Same with clearing the cache it fixes it for a bit then it goes back to crashing. I really hope you guys are actually investigating this issue and not putting it off. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @JaybirdT!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we also appreciate the details you have provided.

In this case, rest assured that we will include your device's information in the process of investigation and correction. Also, kindly try to highlight the channel tile of Netlfix and press the star (*) button on your remote to update the app. 

Furthermore, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this. Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the Community know. 

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @pepguy!

Our sincerely apologies for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to include your device in the process of investigation.

With this being said, since the issue is persistent despite troubleshooting the Netflix app, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • App build version.

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos