Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Hi @Ejoy1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

The team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Bobba
Reel Rookie

One thing everyone seems to be overlooking (imho) is that this is NOT a new development. It has been ongoing (for me at least) for a lonnnng time.....

Doing the whole reinstall/restart thing was a momentary fix. After a while, it acts up again.

Does the app use a cache of sorts that needs to be bigger?

Anyway, now I fix it by restarting the app via the 'star' button on the remote. It's a much quicker fix than unplugging for a minute so, thanks for that. 

BostonMikeA
Reel Rookie

Streambar Plus same issue. I’ve deleted and reinstalled many times. Restarted etc… shows start then with the first few minutes start to skip, stop, try to load or play audio while picture freezes. This has been ongoing for months… All other apps are working fine. 

0 Kudos
Tellz

Are there any new updates to this? This  has been happening to my Hisense Roku TV since December 2023. Im able to watch Prime but Netflix wont load

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BostonMikeA @Tellz,

From all of us here at the Roku Community, welcome!

We are grateful for the troubleshooting steps you have already performed. No worries, we will be glad to investigate this issue further. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuJechealR provided above?

Once we have that information, we will be able to escalate this issue to our appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CLTGUY

It's always been only Netflix.  There are nevwe errors, for the last 3 years there have never been errors.  I've tried clearing the temp files, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Tried factory resetting my TCL Roku and my Roku streaming sound bar.  It's during the time screen, the auto preview in the background crashes the app, it stutters and stops.  If you're fast enough in the home screen to start a show you might or might not get a crash back to the Netflix menu, sometimes you're good and can binge watch an entire series.  

Disney+, Paramount+, Max, YouTube and YouTube TV, Hulu, and Pluto TV rarely have issues...it's literally just Netflix, its annoying.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @CLTGUY

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced with Netflix, and we want nothing more than to have you have an undisturbed streaming. We'll be collecting some details related to your Roku device and the app itself. Kindly provide the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, it will be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team who will investigate this issue.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kje5014

adding to this, Netflix, and only Netflix is constantly crashing and freezing on my own. 65” Class 4K UHD (2160P) LED Roku Smart TV HDR (100012587) I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, rebooted routers, all of that stuff. It took 5 attempts to finally get a movie to play, and even then, I better not need to pause it because their is a 50/50 chance the video won't restart. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Kje5014!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

For future reference, if you happen to experience playback issues within the Netflix app again, kindly please follow the steps provided below to help you troubleshoot it:

1. Remove app: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power > System restart
  3. Re-install the app: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

We always need to make sure that these steps have been done precisely to work. Most importantly the system reboots in between uninstalling and reinstalling the app as this will clear the existing cache on it. You can also update the app by highlighting the channel tile and pressing the star* button.

For reference kindly visit our Support article on How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Let us know how it goes! We hope this helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
D-rock
Reel Rookie

Same behavior here. No similar problems with other services. This week it has been so bad after reinstalling the app I’m thinking of cancelling. I’ve had this problem for two years. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.