Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodAtHome
Channel Surfer

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Thank you, @KeithN for this information. I thought it was Roku, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll try talking to Netflix. However, I can predict what they'll say. ("Uninstall the Netflix app, then reinstall it.") Yes, that works, but that shouldn't be necessary. It seems more like a memory leak in the application.

0 Kudos

Don’t bother, just get a new TV avoid Hisense Roku. I have 3 TVs two of which are LG brand not one time did Netflix crash, but Hisense crashes all the time. I’m done with this cheap brand. 

0 Kudos
Racinjunkie
Reel Rookie

Except mine is a Sharp...

0 Kudos
Birdo0509

I dont know if i found the solution? But i have a Roku tv 43”. Read on Reddit to update your phone app Example:  iOS or android remote phone app for Roku. I didnt have that so I just downloaded the remote Roku app, messed around with the app for a little bit. And clicked on Netflix app and it worked, smoothly. I hope this helps anyone else. Or it could be a temporary fix. ❤️

0 Kudos
RowanNoah

This has been happening for too long. I have two Roku tvs and it’s happens on them both no matter what I try. Actually all the streaming channel options on my Roku have all gotten so glitchy and laggy that I use my Xbox to watch everything at this point. Netflix is the absolute worst about it, though. I can’t get through 5 minutes of a show before it crashes. And sometimes it crashes while im just searching for something.  The Netflix Roku app is pretty much completely unusable. 
I’ve made a new Roku account, factory reset, cleared cache, system restarted, deleted Netflix and reinstalled and absolutely nothing has worked. It’s ridiculous that it’s been a problem for so long with so many complaints and they’ve done absolutely nothing to fix it.

0 Kudos
smuzie

Agree, just trying to watch something this afternoon on Netflix and it’s crashed 3X. And same as my brother, Netflix and Roku crashes. Definitely makes me not want to buy Roku in future and will be purchasing a fire stick instead as beyond frustrated as by now this issue should be fixed. It’s not the users it’s something to do with Roku and Netflix and don’t seem to be trying to fix on their end even with all the comments. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are also having issues streaming Netflix on your Roku device, and we appreciate your posting about this. We would be delighted to help you further. Kindly follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue to see if it fixes the issue.
If the issue persists, please provide us with additional information so we can escalate it to the appropriate Roku team.

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. What is the version or build of your Netflix channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.
  4. Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try resolving the issue.

We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                      Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
D-rock
Reel Rookie

Agree. I've been experiencing this for a couple years. No resolution and we're tired of getting numerous emails about it week after week with no action. Going to look at a different TV or something. This is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos

@RokuERey

TCL MODEL: #65S421

Hardware ID : 7134X

Serial Number : YN000U836815

Software Version : 12.5.5 build 4174-30

Device ID J798D0836815

Netflix is unplayable until cache clear then it crashes again after 1 time using the app. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Tarheel5023,

Hello and welcome to the Roku Community!

We have noticed that you are experiencing an issue with the Netflix channel playback and we appreciate you sharing the details with us.

I will update the ticket with this information. Although we do not have any new updates at this time, please be assured that our team is currently investigating the issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos