Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Hi @hs16,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and we appreciate the extra details about this.

I'll take care of this information and forward it over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have any updates available about this, we'll make sure to forward them here.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JamieS1040
Reel Rookie

Mine started with only Netfix, but just recently my Hulu has started doing this also. A lot of googling and apparently this has been happening for years abd Roku has no idea how to fix it. 

0 Kudos
JamieS1040
Reel Rookie

Mine also does this. It started with only Netflix, but has recently started doing the same with Hulu. Apparently it's been an issue with Roku for years & Roku has no idea how to fix it. (I've just learned from a lot google searching)

0 Kudos
oddjobs2do
Binge Watcher

Same problem. Netflix crashes uninstalled reinstall. Netflix is cr a p so is roku and cable but they keep charging. F them all. Hope they all go out of business. Gready worthless companies.the qorld is dumb i can ab o rt a baby but not say c r a p. **bleep** 

0 Kudos
Racinjunkie
Reel Rookie

RokuCarly,

My Sharp brand Roku TV does’t have “System Restart” under Settings.  How can I reboot before reinstalling the app.

Pretty frustrating reading this thread and knowing so many are having the exact same issue and the only response is still, uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

0 Kudos
hs16
Reel Rookie

I got great help and it fixed the issue. Here’s what I was told to do:

1. Push system reset button on back of my Roku (soundbar)

2  continue setting up as if it’s a new device  

That worked! Had to sign back in to WiFi, Roku, all apps, but it’s playing Netflix fine now. fwiw; YMMV  

0 Kudos
Racinjunkie
Reel Rookie

Thanks, that is promising.  I have a Sharp brand Roku TV so hopefully I can get some instructions on what I can do.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Racinjunkie, on some Roku devices and all Roku TVs, "System restart" is located under Settings->System->Power.  Why Roku can't be consistent is, well... Roku. 🙄

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
KeithN
Reel Rookie

I believe it is Roku not Netflix.  I have a non roku Samsung, Neflix works great.

I run it on our Roku tv and it shuts down.

Have you gotten any resolution?  I am looking for a solution as well.

0 Kudos
JamieS1040
Reel Rookie

I am starting to wonder if it is my Hisense Roku tv causing the problems. I dug out my older stand alone roku receiver and hooked it up to my Roku tv. As long as i am using the stand alone, everything works fine. No matter what app i try to use on the tv, i get kicked out.

0 Kudos