Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikelynnski
Reel Rookie

Netflix Closed After 10ish Seconds on Roku TV

My four month old 32" oon.Roku TV will close Netflix once a show or movie starts after about 10 seconds.

It's not the wifi connection because I can play previews for as long as I want, but once a show starts, in 10ish seconds Netflix closes and goes back to the Roku home screen.

It is Very frustrating. Our autistic daughter had a meltdown today because of it.

• We appreciate any help. Thanks
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
GinHig26

Re: Netflix Closed After 10ish Seconds

I have the same problem with Hulu, Prime Video and Disney+, only the premium subscriptions. I get to see a program for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes to the Roku home screen.   I don't have that issue with Spectrum or the other apps.  I was going to take the tv back since it's not happening on my other tvs.  Hope we can get an answer soon.

GinHig26

I just went to "settings" on the Roku remote, went to "Power", and then "system restart" and that seemed to work.  I just saw a whole program on Disney Plus without it disappearing.

0 Kudos
Mikelynnski
Reel Rookie

Well now at least I know I'm not crazy. Disney+ movies stay on but Disney+ series gets booted off if I press pause. Netflix and Disney+ are the only two streaming services we use on that TV. 

Im going to call Netflix tomorrow and contact oon.Roku as well. I'll post what I find out.

Thank you for replying to my post. I REALLY do appreciate it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mikelynnski 

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos