Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imintheloo
Channel Surfer

My TCL Roku remote and Roku App stopped connecting to my TCL tv so we can’t watch anything

Jump to solution

For the past 2 weeks my TCL Roku remote and Roku App keeps disconnecting from my TCL tv so we can’t watch anything. My TV is on the latest version.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My TCL Roku remote and Roku App stopped connecting to my TCL tv so we can’t watch anything

Jump to solution

Hello @Imintheloo

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My TCL Roku remote and Roku App stopped connecting to my TCL tv so we can’t watch anything

Jump to solution

Hello @Imintheloo

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imintheloo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, Kariza. However, I have two exact same TCL TVs and both TVs are having the same issues with my physical remote and the Roku Remote App since the new update. It’s both Roku Devices that’re built in the TV that is not “searchable” when trying to connect.

We’ve never really had these issues until our TV’s software was updated.

6A3F722E-6178-4C00-A048-8CF2E48C460A.png

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Imintheloo

Appreciate the follow-up.

Just to confirm, are you using the remote that came with your Roku TV? If so, we indeed recommend contacting the TV manufacturer.

You can reach TCL Support here: https://support.tcl.com/us or at 1-877-300-8837.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imintheloo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

We actually use the Roku App on our phones since we purchased the TV. Since the app was not working we pulled the physical remote that came with the TV out from storage and tried it. Those too kept disconnecting. 

0 Kudos
Rick22952
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Something similar happened to me the remote stopped working I went under settings to the power settings and turned on fast start and the remote started working perfectly again.

0 Kudos
Imintheloo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Rick22952 wrote:

Something similar happened to me the remote stopped working I went under settings to the power settings and turned on fast start and the remote started working perfectly again.

Thanks! I’m still having the same issues with both physical remotes and the Roku App on two different phones. I’ll try that and see if that works.

0 Kudos
Imintheloo
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku,

I’m still having the same issues. Is anyone going to look into this?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

maybe it's on a diffrent network? mine never connected until I paired it to the same network as my phone and that did the charm!

0 Kudos