Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahfdavis06
Reel Rookie

My Roku tv keeps resetting (the Home Screen/apps) every time I turn it off for extended periods

Jump to solution

I bought a 43” onn Roku tv on Black Friday from Walmart. I just set it up last week (3/16). My daughter watches it in the morning before school and then I go to work all day and when I come home, the Home Screen/apps have all reset. So, all of the apps that I’ve previously added to the screen and signed into are now removed, new ones added, and I have to start the process all over again. EVERY TIME I TURN IT OFF! I made sure it wasn’t on Store Mode and I even factory reset it. I just got home from work (7pm) after leaving at 8am and it’s done it again. I don’t know what the problem is but it’s driving me crazy! 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku tv keeps resetting (the Home Screen/apps) every time I turn it off for extended periods

Jump to solution

If both TVs are linked to the same Roku account, they should have the same apps, although they may be in a different order on the Home Screen.  Are you absolutely certain they're linked to the same Roku account?  Compare the email address that's displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.  The only way to have different apps on different Roku devices is to link them to different Roku accounts.  If yours are behaving differently, that would be a first.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Re: My Roku tv keeps resetting (the Home Screen/apps) every time I turn it off for extended periods

Jump to solution

Do you have multiple Roku devices linked to your Roku account?  Any apps added or removed from one device will be added or removed from all devices linked to the same account.  You can check what devices are linked to your account by logging in at https://my.roku.com using the email address that's displayed on your Roku device under Settings->System->About.  If you ever got rid of an old device it may still be linked to your account and someone may be using it still linked to your account.

0 Kudos
sarahfdavis06
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I currently have a Roku tv in my living room and bedroom. It’s only happening to the one in my bedroom. If this were the issue, would it not be happening to both tv’s? I just signed up for a brand new Roku account when I connected these two tv’s less than a week ago. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

If both TVs are linked to the same Roku account, they should have the same apps, although they may be in a different order on the Home Screen.  Are you absolutely certain they're linked to the same Roku account?  Compare the email address that's displayed on each one under Settings->System->About.  The only way to have different apps on different Roku devices is to link them to different Roku accounts.  If yours are behaving differently, that would be a first.

0 Kudos